Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default zone dispute

Should I not report someone for stealing a camp mob after they were emotional to me about how I camped the mobs? I ask this because my solution is to steal one of their mobs next time they're camping it, and I don't want to get flagged for resolving it in the funniest way. I worship Innoruuk, and I believe causing hate is in-character.
Old 02-27-2024, 02:01 AM
Planar Protector

GMs will suspend you regardless of your deity.

If it’s outdoors, it’s one spawn point per player, rest FTE.

If it’s indoors, a camp is one room aka what you can see from one spot.

hth
Old 02-27-2024, 12:00 PM
Kobold

Never break a server rule, even if its in retaliation to someone else breaking rules. As is the case in most of life the person that retaliates often gets the punishment.

If its a competitive situation within the rules then just out compete the person. I have people tag out mobs from the area I camp all the time. I simply take note of the mob, watch for when it dies, set a timer for when it will respawn, and make sure I'm there to instantly tag the mob when it spawns again. After 2-3 spawns of you instantly tagging and the other person getting nothing and wasting 30-60mins they will leave 95%+ of the time and you'll have the camp all to yourself again. Side note: This will also prepare you to get competitive FTEs on raid mobs at the highest end of the game.

If its not a situation you can out compete and there is a clear violation of rules reach out to the player immediately and inform them of the rules violation. Ask them to kindly remove themself from the camp. If they do not comply inform them you are going to /petition. If they still don't comply proceed with the /petition.

The unfortunate thing is that often times by the time you get a response to the /petition the damage is already done. Furthermore, in my experience, the people that you have to deal with through petition are often petitioned by other players. Due to the vagueness in the P99 rulesets often times these turds have insider knowledge of how the GMs will respond to your petition concerns and how they can skirt the letter of the rules based on how they have or haven't been punished in the past. If nothing else you will gain insight from the GMs on what they don't consider a violation of the rules so you know how to deal with these individuals in the future.
Old 02-27-2024, 12:19 PM
Fire Giant

I will tell you from experience that there are no hard and fast rules about camps.

It even says in the PnP - that if the GMs are summoned to deal with camp disputes: they will come up with a solution on the spot there that is entirely up to their discretion. The Guide/GM that rules on the camp dispute may have a different ruling than another GM/Guide, as well.

All that being said. Don't steal in retaliation. As Warpath said - if it's competition, and FTE rules - go for it. Otherwise, you are opening yourself up to be ruled against.
Old 02-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciruelo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I worship Innoruuk, and I believe causing hate is in-character.
Man how did I not ever think of this.

Bravo, me likey.
Old 02-27-2024, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will tell you from experience that there are no hard and fast rules about camps.

It even says in the PnP - that if the GMs are summoned to deal with camp disputes: they will come up with a solution on the spot there that is entirely up to their discretion. The Guide/GM that rules on the camp dispute may have a different ruling than another GM/Guide, as well.

All that being said. Don't steal in retaliation. As Warpath said - if it's competition, and FTE rules - go for it. Otherwise, you are opening yourself up to be ruled against.
There are and there aren't. Videri's summary are the hard and fast rules about camps. Where it gets vague is, for example, in a dungeon where there might be additional rooms you can't technically see from your camp but can end up being considered a "part" of the camp depending on the ruling of the day (parts of the first floor of Unrest are a good example of this).
Old 02-27-2024, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

fuck it op, you're a disciple of innoruk....go HAM
Old 02-27-2024, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciruelo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should I not report someone for stealing a camp mob after they were emotional to me about how I camped the mobs? I ask this because my solution is to steal one of their mobs next time they're camping it, and I don't want to get flagged for resolving it in the funniest way. I worship Innoruuk, and I believe causing hate is in-character.
The difference here is usually the other guy will lower you to his level and then beat you with experience.

100% he's recording all footage in this scenario and can't wait to drop that in the petition section as proof of your next wrongdoing.
Old 03-02-2024, 09:15 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fuck it op, you're a disciple of innoruk....go HAM
It's all fun and games until the prime healer gets involved.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

If you aren't clearing a camp, you forfeit it. Always some goof ball claiming a whole a camp and can't clear half it.