Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 09-04-2023, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I realized on Green launch that many many people play EQ has a secondary task. So they afk a lot to do whatever they're primarily focused in and "check back " on the game. While I don't blame ppl for doing it (tbh it's kinda smart if you can get away with it) but it's annoying as fuck. When I play EQ I'm all in totally focused and I feel like that's not actually very common anymore.
If eq was any slower paced , it'd be a crossword puzzle
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 09-04-2023, 09:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I realized on Green launch that many many people play EQ has a secondary task. So they afk a lot to do whatever they're primarily focused in and "check back " on the game. While I don't blame ppl for doing it (tbh it's kinda smart if you can get away with it) but it's annoying as fuck. When I play EQ I'm all in totally focused and I feel like that's not actually very common anymore.
Try red [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].O;
Old 09-04-2023, 09:55 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pro tip.

Most people can’t play their class even if they think they’re good at it. The average mage owner can’t run a quad da. Average rogue can’t get a doze engage and position a da to disc. Average nec can’t pet walk around for shit. Average shaman can’t bind sight a pet and fd/pet walk/doesn’t carry ant javs/emeralds/can’t stand to top slot chloroplast. Average monk can’t do much of any use. Average warrior has no concept of an engage/covering gaps with worts and reaper or has any real clue about mechanics of aggro. Average Druid generally sucks at getting a pet set up/knowing every succor point etc. any class has a million failures on this server as most people are terrible at eq. Luckily they’re carried.

None of that stuff has anything to do with leveling.
On live as a raiding 65 Warrior, 60 Bard, 65 Druid, and 62 Necro, I didn't have to do any of those things and my raids were just fine.
Old 09-04-2023, 10:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The alternative isn’t all sunshine and rainbows neither though. From what I heard WoW retail mythic+ raids are insane. Not only does literally everyone have to be 100% on point with many, many different raid mechanics (like stand here, now stand there, no go get this item and place it here, etc) all at once, but every player has to be perfect like that for 10-15 minutes straight during a fight or everyone instantly dies

People say it sucks and it’s stressful. Average players like Asmongold won’t raid anymore because of it. So it’s a delicate line between too easy and too stressful sometimes
I never played WoW. I like the raids in Elder Scrolls Online, it's an action-combat game so the mechanics are a lot more about avoiding damage by moving/blocking/roll dodging than anything super choreographed. Then boss fights are often split up with add phases or part of your group has to enter a portal or something and kill a mini boss. The combat is very fluid too, with only 10 abilities you use a dynamic rotation rather than memorizing a long static sequence. The game is still very challenging, like only a handful of groups in the world have the trifecta (hard mode, no death, speed run) of the latest raid released in June.

This is what it looks like:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry_VDzV10rg[/youtube]
Old 09-04-2023, 10:52 PM
Sarnak

Since when can't you edit a post here?
Old 09-04-2023, 11:21 PM
Banned

Speaking of sucking…

Made a pet on steroids with haste and offhand book of eternals. Was fighting with it outside when the game decided to do its favorite thing which is spawn 4 adds, and path them all directly into the pet, and also break charm…twice (on a low blue with tash + -10 MR when I have 255cha, but whatever, apparently charm never breaks on p99 amirite)

Ended up getting overwhelmed and ultimately dying because bad

Got back to my body but the mob with my book was gone. So I combed the entire fucking zone until I found the fucker who had my book, who was hiding in a corner far away from where I died waiting for his 4 friends to spawn like the little bitch that he is

Killed him, and even though the book was in his goddamn hands, no book on his body. This is likely because charm broke the first time the second I was handing him the book. Considering this is the second time this has happened in the span of 2 weeks where a charmed mob chomped my -Mr item, really makes me apprehensive about handing Mr gear to charmed mobs

Anyway, just wanted to rant. Charm never breaks on p99 btw
Old 09-05-2023, 12:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Speaking of sucking…
any enchanter regardless of skill would be screwed in that situation

you had 5 mobs and one of em is buffed/hasted/dual wielding

when i find myself totally screwed in game, i just bust out laughing

this is why we like EQ so much, it's easy to play but on the other hand can go so wrong so fast without hope of recovery
Old 09-05-2023, 01:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
any enchanter regardless of skill would be screwed in that situation

you had 5 mobs and one of em is buffed/hasted/dual wielding

when i find myself totally screwed in game, i just bust out laughing

this is why we like EQ so much, it's easy to play but on the other hand can go so wrong so fast without hope of recovery
I appreciate the kind words, but it’s mostly caused by my greed. I prefer to keep wandering mind permanently on bar because it speeds up the kill rate, especially when I can mez+ToT+Wandering mind+blur any roaming casters outside for ez free mana. But wandering mind competes for its slot with either aoe mez or a second stun. With either of these on my bar, I could have a slightly better chance of surviving. Part of the reason I died was I was getting pummeled too fast, taking too much damage to get color slant off

Anyone who thinks p99 channeling is easy-mode, that paragraph above should be some decent fap material. Have at it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-05-2023, 01:10 AM
Banned

^
“Ohh yea you were getting pummeled and interrupted too much? Couldn’t channel through it? Ohhh, fuck yea”
Old 09-05-2023, 10:45 AM
Sarnak

I have a 60 and 52 chanter, never play without 2 stuns on my bar even with wm and tot. Spells 3-6 on my bar are always stun/stun/charm/bedlam and that never changes regardless.