Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-13-2023, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Can't bind at firepots anymore.

Not sure TOV would get you much either. Almost anyone who is in TOV is in a guild that has a port bot posted up at TOV so they will just have a guildy log in and port them via the bot. HH is the primary place to bind for a porter.
Old 09-14-2023, 12:35 AM
Orc

I don't sit at HH or advertise. My druid is in DAP. I sit out of the way in BB and still get tells for pick ups.
Old 09-14-2023, 08:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bind/Sit inside the boat where people pop in after hammering.
This is what I do - my druid is still bound facing where people hammer in. As soon as they appear I cast Sow on them and about half will ask me to port them, whilst the other half doesn't even notice me.

-Mcoy
Old 09-14-2023, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't sit at HH or advertise. My druid is in DAP. I sit out of the way in BB and still get tells for pick ups.
True, but the amount of ports you miss by not sitting on HH or at least by the WC rings can be significant at times.
Old 09-14-2023, 12:53 PM
Banned

The best way to solve this is if we could integrate Dial a Port into Uber's API. I'd use them more often if all my travel was in one app.
Old 09-14-2023, 12:55 PM
Banned

In all seriousness, DAP is great. I have a few favorites who will go out of the way in their pick ups for me and they'll get hooked up for it.

Basically you want to get on peoples friends list after you port them. How? Dunno. Rapport. Willingness to go above and beyond. Generally being cool.

I only use DAP now if my handful of friend porters, who are all in DAP, aren't logged in.
Old 09-14-2023, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

<dial a dad>
Old 09-22-2023, 12:51 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True, but the amount of ports you miss by not sitting on HH or at least by the WC rings can be significant at times.
That's fine. Others will get them. I still average 300pp an hour without advertising.
Old 09-26-2023, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's fine. Others will get them. I still average 300pp an hour without advertising.
Fair. Just depends on what your goal is. If I'm playing my DAP it's usually because I'm trying to use it to supplement other plat farming methods with the goal of acquiring something specific, so I'm trying to maximize my plat per hour.

If you're just chilling and happy with whatever you get per hour, that's also totally fine.