Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah... if you used your P99 info there, or any other EMU, change your P99 to ensure your chars are secure here. Not digging against them, but this is just internet 101.
Old 06-02-2015, 01:07 PM
Banned

I can assure you that nobody on our development team has any desire to steal anyone's P99 account information, but if you use the same login information on different websites there is always a security risk. Best thing is to be proactive and avoid that
Old 06-02-2015, 01:19 PM
Orc

Still playing they're and loving it, dont see why so much animosity between the two. They are different servers with different goals. If velious was your favorite or end goal stick to p99. If pop was your favorite or end goal give the other a try. The boxing comments are silly I haven't been turned down for any groups because of boxing. The people are pretty nice in general. If pop is your thing hope to see ya there, if not p99 is a great server as well have a blast there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. (I also hate the f9 and first person, but it's livable for Luclin and pop to me)
Old 06-02-2015, 01:22 PM
Orc

(I don't box)
Old 06-02-2015, 03:48 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by apio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can assure you that nobody on our development team has any desire to steal anyone's P99 account information, but if you use the same login information on different websites there is always a security risk. Best thing is to be proactive and avoid that
I don't know ur development team. Its not just about them accessing the information. Its also about them keeping the data secure? EQEmu message boards passwords getting stolen 5 or 6 years ago sound familiar to anyone?

Really no different than a fansite running a message board. Noone has ever hacked into those before to steal passwords.

What is the history of the dev team? What is their experience in internet security? Are they IT experts?

Or are they ppl who got pissed of at how a server was run, and just decided to make their own server? That in itself is not significant. Running their own login server, is.
Last edited by Haynar; 06-02-2015 at 03:50 PM..
Old 06-02-2015, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know ur development team. Its not just about them accessing the information. Its also about them keeping the data secure? EQEmu message boards passwords getting stolen 5 or 6 years ago sound familiar to anyone?

What is the history of the dev team? What is their experience in internet security? Are they IT experts?

Or are they ppl who got pissed of at how a server was run, and just decided to make their own server? That in itself is not significant. Running their own login server, is.
Well define professional... cause some of the devs who have worked/do work on p99 are kinda shithouses when it comes to IT security.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:56 PM
Kobold

A careful study of diction and syntax leads me to believe that "apio" and "DeathWalking" are likely the same author, despite apparent attempts to conceal that fact via anachronism and dissimilar verbiage.

Perhaps Haynar or Secrets could look at the login patterns of the two posters? New IP each login?
Old 06-02-2015, 04:06 PM
Developer

I dont have access to IP login info.

Thats part of our security. Limit who has access. But thats only one piece. I only have access to what I need. No more.

H
Old 06-02-2015, 04:15 PM
Aviak

LOL, Apio is Lance.....and Deathwalking is Forumshifter.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:

Really no different than a fansite running a message board. Noone has ever hacked into those before to steal passwords.

I am the IT Director of a school district, and Administrator(jetviper) is a Senior Software Engineer for a multi-million dollar company, Darkonites is a network engineer. So we really dont give a "sh*t" what your passwords are....and its the same reason we don't accept donations. We run this server because we love EQ and we want others to enjoy it too!
Old 06-02-2015, 04:26 PM
Sarnak

The one classic feature I cannot abide in everquest play sessions is crashing a lot.

I know crashing and not running well is classic, but to me that wasn't what was part of the fun. I love night blindness. I just wish there was a way to have better directx code support AND night blindness instead of having to choose either or [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread