Rallos Zek 18 30.00%
Sullon Zek 16 26.67%
Discord 4 6.67%
Custom Made 9 15.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

I disagree with no rules it's not rocket science to ban people. On a real server it's too easy to fuck up a raid
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 10-08-2019 at 12:52 PM..
Old 10-08-2019, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Feel like Rallos players got dem pink tinted lenses. Item loot will just scare most of the prospective bluebie players away, and it was never that great to start with. No one is looting a fungi from a twink at level 15, and all the top end players will be outfitted in no drop gear, giving them that much more of an artificial advantage.

Teams makes the most sense from a server health and longevity standpoint. Have them IP locked, and if evil team is clearly winning then open up xteaming between the neuts and goods.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:28 PM
Banned

RZ was the highest pop PVP server

If anything, cross teaming and "mostly evil" team servers were packing in pop

Ppl came here hoping for an RZ clone and got blue's pve content on top of salty box pvp code, literally. Earth pet chain root and whirl spam, resulting in xp loss. Oh how fun.

Not bad, coulda been way worse. A good beta but time to make it classic like the goal here is.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

I didn't come hoping for a RZ clone. And if RZ was the highest pop server it was probably bc it was the bluest red server lol.

RZ can never be replicated because there will never be another eq pvp server where pvp is considered immoral by ~75% of the population. Much like how VZ can never be replicated because any server that allows xteaminig will go TZ style fast- no light v dark.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree with no rules it's not rocket science to ban people. On a real server it's too easy to fuck up a raid
Training shouldn't be illegal. If you want it illegal hard code in some shit to make it not possible. Exploiting or using 3rd party programs should get you banned. Making everyone video all the pvp encounters and then having GMs decide which guild to ban is awful. Training will happen in every big fight. It isn't impossible to defend against. It gets out of hand in Velious is all.
Last edited by Raclen; 10-08-2019 at 01:46 PM..
Old 10-08-2019, 01:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't come hoping for a RZ clone. And if RZ was the highest pop server it was probably bc it was the bluest red server lol.

RZ can never be replicated because there will never be another eq pvp server where pvp is considered immoral by ~75% of the population. Much like how VZ can never be replicated because any server that allows xteaminig will go TZ style fast- no light v dark.
As a former TZ player, I never understood why they didnt hardcode teams. They shouldve dropped the 4 teams and just add shorts and elves with human/barb and had all light vs dark. Just make it so you cant group/heal and so on with the other team.

Anybody with brains had no choice but to join pande.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a former TZ player, I never understood why they didnt hardcode teams. They shouldve dropped the 4 teams and just add shorts and elves with human/barb and had all light vs dark. Just make it so you cant group/heal and so on with the other team.

Yeah that was just a lack of creativity on the Devs part. There are lots of ways to hard code fixes in for that.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Even when you wanna go no rules you got rules against exploiting and 3rd party which mea s GMs making calls on bans.

I don't have a problem with PnP.

We have never tried a real rallos emulator so no one knows how it would play out. When you know that your items are lootable you just don't pay much money for them and u find no drop stuff. It's fun.

If the green launch was an actual rallos launch it would get a lot of blues and they would stay.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even when you wanna go no rules you got rules against exploiting and 3rd party which mea s GMs making calls on bans.

I don't have a problem with PnP.

We have never tried a real rallos emulator so no one knows how it would play out. When you know that your items are lootable you just don't pay much money for them and u find no drop stuff. It's fun.

If the green launch was an actual rallos launch it would get a lot of blues and they would stay.
You always need 3rd party programs and exploiting bannable. That is still essentially a no rules server. 3rd party programs with a good anti cheat detection doesn't take much GM involvement. A dev can do a sweep and find people whenever they feel like it. If you get someone on video doing an exploit that should be sent to GMs for a ban but that would be very rare. If training is illegal there will be multiple petitions a day and politics will come into play with which guild wins.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It made VZ the best possible EQ experience tho. Server largely turned lighties vs darks, with the top pve guild and most of the bluer guilds being lights only. Provided ample opportunity for my elf self to hurt the feelings of lighties when I murdered their shorts and humans. Endgame I was xteam scum and everyone hated me. There was so much RP that went on too, was amazinig.

It really made you feel like a small player with some influence over the overall social scene of the server. Individuals had more of a social identity than is possible in any mmo these days. Purists, lights, darks, true server scum. Miss those days...

Shame TZ gave all that up so early on. TZ took the pragmatic approach over the RP and social fun.

Quote:
Agree. Wish nilbog and rog would just give up on their pve nonsense and go all in with the pvp.
Closed Thread