Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 07:04 PM
Aviak

rogaine pvp soyvas will only work if he adopts the ROZ play policy.

Let us do whatever the fuck we want, and leave us the fuck alone.

Renly is a smart man.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:06 PM
Aviak

Ya like i said people with less then half a brain might lose things.

I played for a month during classic with majortiy of guilds playing at 50 and raiding, catalyst, fair fighters, and what ever the dentists guild was called. I also played for 3 more weeks during the transition from kunark to velious.

During classic i was constantly killing people farming seafuries and lguk and other then the odd ruby crown i got... You guessed it, water or rations.

Later on during kunark/velious its true some characters carried consumables but those are of no consequence to lose. If your playing with even a handful of any serious players you will never be running out of wands or pots, and rarely dying if ever.

Item loot was far from "hardcore", it just made you equip your manastone instead of a dragon shield, and get free water or food. Item loot sucked.

Ive seem your posts Raclen and i get the feeling you enjoy PvP, but your not very good at it, and probably dont want to get better or dont realize that you can. Are you Brobb by any chance?
Old 10-17-2019, 07:10 PM
Aviak

The biggest problem is when staff come fuck with the community.

Remember when Nihilum was walling dragons?
Heartbrand told Holo about the exploit and how they were doing it.
Heartbrand than told Rogaine to watch holo cheat.
Holo then walled dragons.
Holo then got de-de-deleted.

Then we have like 20 people quit and not give a shit anymore, and then you have a 1 guild server again.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:14 PM
Aviak

Ps. palemoon is a little bitch
Old 10-17-2019, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

I would go full body for mega danger mode but it isn't classic so I don't approve of it, because non classic stuff made r99 sux.

It also means that soft characters that aren't good 1v1 pvp have to be rolling suuuuper weak so that they aren't just farmed. With classic item loot you can be soft and just bag your stuff, but if you want to be hard you gotta put your gear at stake.

It would just mean people EXP grinding would literally have no gear at all on their character which doesn't really have a positive impact on the pvp balance like normal item loot does, but it impairs peoples ability to enjoy items more than needed. So I'd say no.

TBH I just like to see people with auto run enabled bagging gear as their character is autorunning on a wall and dying. Sometimes thats what I do.

I just think a real rallos is worth trying if we ever do a good server here again.

Discord is less commitment from staff so also highly recommended.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

95% of people on an item loot server will just run around naked... If you want some skin in the game maybe able to loot anything in there bags!? Now this is a nice compromise. They don't lose there main gear but if there camping SEB for 5 hours there bound to have something.

I dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Old 10-17-2019, 08:39 PM
Planar Protector

I already have /duel on hotkey 1
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
has anything been said about the pvp server?

i have a hard time getting excited about blue everquest due to the fact that the games becomes retarded once you hit levels high enough to start camping items..

imagine hitting up guk with a group only to find out there's a 5 days long queue of retards waiting to camp the sash before you, and you can't do shit about it because if you do sirken will ban you

everquest blue should have instances, original everquest was built to have pvp based around item scarcity, you pvp to gain access to the camps, it's what makes the game fun.

yes i said it, everyone playing on blue is mentally disabled, all 1000 of you
Pvp sucks. Nothing more competitive then waiting for your opponent to fall asleep to take over his camp. What does pvp prove? You can click buttons?
Old 10-17-2019, 09:40 PM
Planar Protector

Imagine getting excited about eq pvp possible future server to the point you write paragraphs on the Internet. Holy fucking shit! That is why my main focus will be to kill off the blue pop and let you nut jobs contest into your 40’s.

<3 EQ pvp
Old 10-17-2019, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotsalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Item loot was far from "hardcore", it just made you equip your manastone instead of a dragon shield, and get free water or food. Item loot sucked.
Yeah this definitely supports what I have been saying. At high level it makes people compromise their build a little bit, for example by holding the manastone instead of leaving it in inventory.

It is minimally impactful.

At low level it changes the game completely and makes it fun instead of basically a nuisance. At high level you pvp over targets or whatever so it makes sense. At low level the player killer is there just to waste your time and hopefully (from his perspective) to decimate you really quickly and feel awesome about his sweet OP build.

With item loot its at least sort of worthwhile to try to kill that dude. You're not getting upset about losing some cloth armor when you get harmtouched mid zombie kill in unrest.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread