Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 09:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by norova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody is obligated to group with you.
This.

And really if you call someone who doesn't want to group with you a dick... you're a snowflake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticflava [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find your entitlement to a camp that was occupied before you arrived to be rude, as well as the negative connotation you place on people who simply arrived before you.
This.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you don't see an issue with holding down an extremely popular leveling camp with like a duo and refusing to let anyone else in?
Maybe you can offer them platinum next time to offset the lower experience they will get by grouping with you.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticflava [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find your entitlement to a camp that was occupied before you arrived to be rude, as well as the negative connotation you place on people who simply arrived before you.
Idk. For your average camp it doesn't really bother me. Nor would it bother me for a valuable higher level camp. But at low levels it just seems sort of unnecessary to min/max your EXP such that at like the top most popular low level camps you tell everyone who asks to join to go screw themselves. It's lower levels and we're all here to (apparently) play a social game and have some fun.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:44 PM
Orc

If they are holding a camp they broke and pulling as soon as a mob pops, that's their camp, whether it's one person or a full group. Not trying to be a jerk, but that's how camps have always worked.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:58 PM
Banned

Always some retard who gets triggered because people would rather play the game effectively and not spend a friday night grinding 1 yellow bubble of exp, so someone doesnt get left out.

Using everquest to socialize is like using cocaine to lose weight. Theirs more effective ways.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they are holding a camp they broke and pulling as soon as a mob pops, that's their camp, whether it's one person or a full group. Not trying to be a jerk, but that's how camps have always worked.
Of course it’s their camp I wasn’t disputing it (although technically I believe they have to split it if people ask).

I was more talking about not letting people join a group. For me, I’ve always invited people if we have a free spot. It’s EQ. Its supposed to be about being social and having fun (I.e. the “journey” that everyone talks about); not maximizing every ounce of EXP per minute that you can.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:19 PM
Kobold

Keeping your group low numbers at a popular (good) camp is one of the great joys of Everquest.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

Lots of small orc huts for example can only have like 4-5 mobs every 6:40. Thats decent xp for a duo or trio but terrible for a group of 6. You are both better off not being together there.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:40 PM
Sarnak

As long as they can hold the camp down and kill all the spawns then it's fine. They don't have to fill the group if they don't want to.

If this is orc hill with lots of mobs then maybe it's kind of bad not to fill a group. But if it's a derv camp with 4 spawns then absolutely it's fine to hold down with a 3 man group and not invite others.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 11-07-2019, 10:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quite often nowadays I prefer to solo or duo with the wife over grouping with more folks. There's a variety of reasons that may be the case, ranging from wanting peace and quiet, to doing stuff around the house and wanting to be able to frequently AFK, to simply prefer going at our own rate without feeling like we're slowing anyone else down. Don't think having such a preference makes me a jerk, but if someone feels that way I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Danth
Closed Thread