Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Aviak

Default Kurns Tower

So I'm a level 15 Paladin, and just remembered about Kurns Tower....I have two questions before I make the long run 1) have I already out leveled the zone? and 2)are there enough people grouping there to make the trip worthwhile?

I had a blast leveling my paladin there back when my computer could barely handle kunarkian graphics, but the trip is dangerous to say the least, and i'd hate to run that far just to find out all the mobs are green or it's a wasteland.

Thanks all!
Old 04-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Planar Protector

The zone is for levels 8-30ish, so no, you haven't out leveled the zone. Plenty of undead to kill, perfect for a paladin. The high ZEM makes it well worth it, and I'm sure the newb Iksars will welcome a tank to their group! I leveled there a long time ago and remember 10-20 took like 2 days. Good luck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

You can only get up to about 20 on the skeletons though right? I want to say that I dinged 20 with a SK in there ages ago and most of the skeletons up top were light blue by then.

Going downstairs is an option to level higher, but shadowknights and clerics and such aren't much fun to deal with solo (or at all, at these levels).
Old 04-04-2013, 09:55 AM
Aviak

My Monk just got level 20 in Kurn's. There are still dark blue skeles (Lesser Charbones and Lesser Icebones) but they are not near as plentiful as greens and lt blues at this point. They seem to be able to spawn at any point higher up in the tower, but it's random so you often get a bunch of low level scalebones mixed in.

That said, I think if you are level 15 it is well worth it to go to Kurn's. A Paladin would do well since there is so much undead. If you are decently geared you should be able to solo there. I haven't seen a ton of groups, but there are often people duoing. Then again I mostly have been playing there during the daytime (EST) when the population is lower in general. I'm sure if you created a group you'd get people interested in joining. With the XP modifier it's probably the fastest route to 20. Then you can move over to LOIO and continue from there.
Allabahallaban - Iksar Monk
<Azure Guard>
Old 04-04-2013, 10:25 AM
Kobold

It starts slowing down at 18-19 as the high level skellies are fewer. Also take into account that during primetime, there's a lot of competition around that level. I doubt there'd be enough kills to keep a group going.

I leveled my monk there before and a shaman there now and recommend leaving at 18-19 OR staying till 20 if you play during off hours.

Leave the basement alone.. if you never kill a furry, they stay dubious and won't agro. Between Harm Touches, healers, fast runners in tight quarters, and horrible CRs its just not worth it. So many better options...
Old 04-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Make sure to get a bind at the Kaesora ruins. There's an NPC just inside across from the pit (low level side), I always bind next to him [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-04-2013, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

You are almost too high now. Go to Unrest. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make sure to get a bind at the Kaesora ruins
Before you bind, make sure there isn't someone power-leveling inside....
Old 04-05-2013, 09:19 AM
Aviak

Thanks for the bind tip, though thankfully I haven't needed it...kurns is an absolute blast with great exp at 15. Well worth the run if anyone else is debating making a run
Old 04-05-2013, 04:42 PM
Sarnak

Hey man, shame you had to go when I logged but as I said, I can get you to Kurn pretty easily. Just send me a tell if you see me in game. I may be on one of my alts (mostly Nagash or Chilper) but solo most of the time so I'm not bothered switching toons at all, especially if that helps a newcomer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] In the meantime, have fun in Norrath.

Petitpas / Nagash / Chilper / Jinbao / Orgasmatron
Altoholic extraordinaire
http://25.media.tumblr.com/ab9521a00...4dqyo1_250.gif
Closed Thread