Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 07-16-2013, 07:02 PM
Sarnak

Default Track - Targets not showing

Since patch I can stand next to a mob and not track it. There seems to be a limit of 20 mobs on track at any given time, not determined by distance or anything. I can stand at ledge in seb and track crypt guardians but not the mob next to me.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:03 PM
Planar Protector

working as intended. mobs are listed on track the same way they were listed before patch, just limited to 20 now.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

K so I bought this up in another thread before and someone said it is determined by most recent spawns within the entirety of your track area. So ya. There ya go.

The twenty most recent spawns within the entirety of your track area show up.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

track window has always been sorted by most recent pop, even before patch, so yes, that is the same
Old 07-16-2013, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

... Ranger track... Mine has been sorted however I like. Now I can just sort the results of the most recent spawns.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:23 PM
Sarnak

This is truly amazing news
Old 07-18-2013, 01:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handull [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
working as intended. mobs are listed on track the same way they were listed before patch, just limited to 20 now.
Then the intention is to break Ranger tracking in a way that is utterly :notclassic: Ranger tracking was far more valuable than Druid/Bard tracking for more than simply the range, it was because you could look at more than just the last 20 mobs that spawned in range.

The implementation of the :classictrackingwindowbug: is faulty. When you guys limited number of mobs to be displayed you did it very badly, taking the first 20 from normal sort only, rather than the first 20 from the selected sort category. Also, the track list does not appear to be updated as mobs spawn.

- With Track sort "normal" (incl. Druid & Bard) should show the 20 most recent spawns within track range (i.e. the first 20 mobs from the normal list)
- With Track sort "distance" should show the 20 mobs within track range closest to the Ranger (i.e. the first 20 mobs from the distance list)
- With Track sort "rdistance" shoudl show the 20 mobs within track range furthest from the Ranger (i.e. the first 20 mobs from the rdistance list)
- & etc.

* One new bug here is that the "normal" list is not the list that should be sorted, rather the full list of mobs in track range should be sorted as selected, with the limit on the number displayed, not the number available for display.

[edit]
* nm, not sure why it appeared that track list not being refreshed, but it definitely is getting updated for new spawns now.
[/edit]

* An old bug with tracking on this server is that when a mob is tracked from outside of range it should give random direction clues. As it is, once a tracker has a mob in the track window or selected as tracking target they can always track it regardless of range, this is wrong and slightly overpowers Druid/Bard (and low level Ranger) tracking.

* Another old bug with tracking on this server is tracking players simply fails to work worth a damn It appears (from very limited testing) as if tracking a player always tracks the location where the player entered the zone, or where the player was when the tracker entered the zone if the target was already in-zone when the tracker entered.
Last edited by kaev; 07-18-2013 at 02:13 AM..
Old 07-18-2013, 03:53 PM
Project Manager

Which way did it function classically? I'm willing to look further into this, and have changes amended or redacted if necessary.

Opinions are good.. but evidence is much better.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

the evidence posted to remove ranger track sort suggests rangers couldn't sort by range or level until Velious.

I'm sure there has to be a screen shot out there of a ranger with track window open from classic/kunark which would settle the issue
Old 07-18-2013, 10:43 PM
Sarnak

in classic we could see the entire list of mobs within our range, but we did not have sorting ability. merbs were stacked based on "most recent" spawn. ranger tracking has been slightly OP with the sorting ability, which wasn't granted until later in the timeline....but i'd gladly give that up in order to have my full phone book back.