Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 10:49 PM
Fire Giant

So seal team was okay with monopolizing camps for literal months, but cry to GMs when they lose raid targets?

Handle your shit like adults or enjoy List99.
Old 07-28-2020, 10:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im rolling in my classic grave with all the list requests because competition got too hot lol
Based on what was going on it does not seem like this was any sort of competition. Seems like one guild was just making up who was next on the camp list and passing it off to guildies
Old 07-28-2020, 11:59 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like they were winning the competition to me.
Old 07-29-2020, 12:06 AM
Planar Protector

A question I seriously think I personally know the answer to, would those of u that stuck to the list be any less happy with green99 if you didnt get a guise? or a stone?

For those of you that did, do you realize that you have chased something for 20 years and its over now a little?

What im saying is, if green came and went, without me experiencing something, that may be a good thing, because it always gives you that carrtot on a stick to chase.

If it took me 3 tries at green to get a mask, in 2031 whenever that is, Id be a lot more happy even then I bet.

But who knows maybe id be dead without ever getting one and then that'd be a big womp.

lol so whatever, but idk all raid guilds should be PVP thats my final stance. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-29-2020, 12:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A question I seriously think I personally know the answer to, would those of u that stuck to the list be any less happy with green99 if you didnt get a guise? or a stone?

For those of you that did, do you realize that you have chased something for 20 years and its over now a little?

What im saying is, if green came and went, without me experiencing something, that may be a good thing, because it always gives you that carrtot on a stick to chase.

If it took me 3 tries at green to get a mask, in 2031 whenever that is, Id be a lot more happy even then I bet.

But who knows maybe id be dead without ever getting one and then that'd be a big womp.

lol so whatever, but idk all raid guilds should be PVP thats my final stance. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A guild monopolizing a spell drop in order to cheese a raid while refusing to respond to tell about who is in line next (which is against the rules I believe) is not the same at all as a legacy item camp
Old 07-29-2020, 12:14 AM
Planar Protector

You're right, it sounds like a guild using everquest mechanics to win the top slot against the raiding competition.

I dont get it, that sounds like exactly what a guild should do, if it can manage to do it! This is a game about player interaction, if you dont like it, bend the knee to them, ask for hand outs.

We live in a kingdom do we not? Of dragon and Orc? or is this but a play room for the wee ones?? *barbarian voice
Old 07-29-2020, 12:19 AM
Planar Protector

Also legacy items are not about competition, so though I think we'd ahve been fine without lists, and probubly cherish our treasures more, there is nothing about those items that has anything to do with competition.. (OK well manastone could) but, obtaining those were like, things that players have wanted for 20 years, and it was pretty ok to give them a bone to get it if they wanted one.

But competition? Having lists? That's quite the opposite of the definition. So yeah, I just dont get it at all.

IMO holding down spawns should be a tactic, it requires dedication and teamwork and planning and a willingness to win.

AOE killing a zone or something game mechanics that are just broken, nerf that, but litearlly figuring out the spawn mechanics of a game designed to make players interact with each other over them?

Just seems wrong IMO add instancing, in the name of competition.

Do it in the name of wanting a easier game, but not in the name of competition.
Old 07-29-2020, 12:48 AM
Planar Protector

Jib, the real competition will be seeing who can kill what in Plane of Sky. If only one guild has Summon Corpse, it's no contest.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Sounds like they were winning the competition to me.
If by winning it you mean ensuring they have no competition then sure.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

AOE killing a zone or something game mechanics that are just broken, nerf that, but litearlly figuring out the spawn mechanics of a game designed to make players interact with each other over them?
"So hey, when you get your spell drop, I'd like to camp it next."

*crickets*

Cool interaction!

There is no player interaction or negotiation happening when 1 guild locks something down with the intention to denying access to other guilds. It is a strategy, yes, but don't try to act like if interested parties just interacted more, the problem would be resolved.