Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 11:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does anyone think that if all the global total man hours spent playing eq were instead put into curing cancer or something then there would be no more cancer 10 years ago?
This gives me a world-changing idea! On Green, the rules should be "your guild has to kill the warders AND develop a cure for cancer in order to wake the sleeper".

Ripqozko on the front of Time magazine holding his Nobel Prize 6 months into Velious. Mark my words.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 09-13-2019, 11:57 PM
Kobold

YES LISTS YES LISTS YES LISTS YES LISTS YESSSSSSSSS

I'm so pumped I can't contain myself.

This is all I wanted. I want us all to get a chance at classic 'special' loot. Stuff where a single item might make us feel like that character has a story to tell. Less super ultra twinks, less gold barons, spread it out more, let us all feel a taste of the magic.

Thank you!! I can't wait!
Old 09-14-2019, 12:07 AM
Large Rat

What if someone wants to grief the whole zone, example, dude at top of the loot list won't kill the mob/pH or can't kill it but still is 1st on the list?
Old 09-14-2019, 12:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScribinTheScribe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What if someone wants to grief the whole zone, example, dude at top of the loot list won't kill the mob/pH or can't kill it but still is 1st on the list?
#s 2 through 30 kill it instead? Only #1 can loot though.
Old 09-14-2019, 12:56 AM
Large Bat

Awesome Thanks!
Old 09-14-2019, 02:26 AM
Fire Giant

So all I have to do go get the item is being number one in the list? There Will always be People killing it for me in order to get next in line? :-)
Old 09-14-2019, 02:49 AM
Fire Giant

There's seriously nothing happening to red? It's been dead for years. Reboot it or make a teams pvp server. This will alleviate some population concerns for green as well.
Old 09-14-2019, 02:55 AM
Aviak

Thanks to all devs!
Old 09-14-2019, 03:15 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not doubting the number of interested people in this server, just how willing they'll be to be in game doing almost nothing
Have you played any MMO made in the past 15 years? Having nothing to do is the current meta of MMO design. Sadly that isn't really a joke, evidenced by the amount of people playing p99 daily despite many having played it for far longer than the amount of content a stagnant emulator could provide. I know people who are still making twinks to play even though they intend on dropping blue for green.

Not to say that the people fearmongering about barren wastelands with no living mobs aren't correct, because that will likely be the case. It's just that.. well.. that's the way it is, and it's not really a big deal. Again, there's indisputable evidence. People are paying 15$ a month to play WoW, which they already payed to play 15 years ago. On top of that they are competing with tons of players for quest mobs, some of which take 5~ minutes to respawn. It's even worse than EQ in some ways, since you need exact mobs to complete grinding quests.

Either way splitting the playerbase between two servers would be foolish. Again, look at WoW. Every idiot fanboy and their dog is playing on Faerlina so they can cringe on every streamer playing on Faerlina, which they all do. Why would green be any different? Who is going to volunteer to play on the dead server? Who is going to keep playing on the dead server? Who is going to have the patience or desire to reroll off the dead server? It's not like two servers would solve anything. It would only create many more problems down the road to alleviate some people's impatience at the start.

Anyway, excited to see the announcement, even if it's about what I expected. I wasn't expecting code written to control drops, though I did expect something to be in place. I suppose I thought some poor bastard would have to monitor the neckbeards in guk. Interested to see how this system works without allowing people to leech.
Old 09-14-2019, 03:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScribinTheScribe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want to address a few misconceptions I've seen about the Lists.

The items will still be going to those that put the time in. This is not a "Casual" mechanism. This is a "Fair playing field for those that can put the time in". You will need to be the appropriate level that we pre-determine to add to the list. You need to stay ONLINE and in the zone or near the camp. You need to pass AFK Check Mechanisms. You can only loot it once. Etc. This system is purely to prevent the same people or group of people from holding the camp for days or weeks at a time and stocking up the items for themself and their friends/guildies.
Closed Thread