Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 01:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQlive: Aw man this thing has charges, that sucks what a terrible item.

P99: OH the item has charges, that means...YES, this is incredible!

These two different reactions ab the same items still make me lol.
...yup. I actually think ^ is maybe the best ever description of P99 playerbase’s unclassicness .

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 12-06-2019, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

I remember seeing a large text file at one point that had ALL the games dialogue in it....anyone have a link to that? Maybe searching for marnek will turn up if it is in the game?
Old 12-06-2019, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...yup. I actually think ^ is maybe the best ever description of P99 playerbase’s unclassicness .
If you want "classic", then you'd have to remove the memories of everyone...

Or, substantially shake up the game to create that same classic experience.

Such as shuffling all the items around. Where mobs spawn (and how tough they are). How zones connect ("I'm in this strange city of Qeynos, but I heard about a far away land of GNOMES! ...but...how do you get there?")...and a lot of other things.

And even then, people would know the specific geometry of a zone. So know that further into mistmoore is the castle and where rooms are and secret halls.

CLASSIC everquest was constant discovery and exploration to try and peace together quests and find treasure and sort out how everything works together. Once you have all that knowledge though, you are a lot stronger and capable to bee-line right through it.

You know where safe halls are to recover. You know where spawn points are to pull. You know even the nitty gritty of how the math behind things work to calculate agro or chance to hit and damage and what stats to focus on (when I first played EQ, I made a rogue....that focused on agility....because i thought that would mean I could be more roguey).

Everquest can never really be "classic" again, BUT you can still get a lot of that classic adventure feel by shaking up the way you are playing it (such as going to different zones and not grinding your character past content to trivialize everything).
Old 12-06-2019, 03:14 PM
Banned

What does Oprah Tarbaby in the tunnels say, noobs.
Closed Thread