Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2020, 04:05 PM
Kobold

Default Gear upgrade advice

Looking for some guidance on my gear in terms of upgrades. Magelo is up-to-date. I know I have some low hanging fruit to replace, such as a Diamondine Earring and Hero Bracers, but with what? I want the most bang for my buck.

We do HOT weekly, but TBH most slots of HOT armor aren't night and day better than most of my current stuff... margainly better for most slots. Regardless I will keep going. I haven't won anything yet.

I have roughly 22-23K to my name (if I can manage to liquidate 5-6K worth of stuff - so let's say 20K) however I know that the tunnel doesn't have as many options as it once had. I would also be interested in items I could farm myself or with a group.

I could also redo the Hole portion of the SK epic (have another Cell Key in the bank) to regain the Will of Innoruuk and the Head of the Valiant. But there are plenty of other earring/chest items to go with too.

I'm done exp'ing (on this toon) so I don't have any goals other than to just toughen up overall. Moar survival. Last longer.

If you were handed my toon and 20Kpp what would be your first move(s)?

Thank you.
Old 01-14-2020, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Earring of essence, thurg legs, chardok ring 1,2x BoBs, +6 talismans are things that comes to mind.
With slightly more work, vindi bp, circlet of the falinkan...
Old 01-14-2020, 05:45 PM
Kobold

Thank you. I will research this stuff. I was 5 pts away from winning SS legs in HoT last night.... yet here we are. I know they (legs) are really under where I should be at.

Does a +6 neck really outweight my Sky neck?
Old 01-14-2020, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

Thurgadin or SS plate helm!
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 01-14-2020, 11:55 PM
Planar Protector

More hp/more resist... +6 is definitely better yes. And you definitely wants the 2xBoBs,it's basically free, just get the faction and roll a dice and they are pretty close to the best a sk can wear
Old 01-15-2020, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

His AC is low for a level 60 so if he does much tank-type activity he may want to hang onto the neck until he upgrades some other slots. However if he's mostly raiding in a non-tank role (commonplace for Shadow Knights) the low AC wouldn't matter overmuch. Either way a west wastes neck should be on his priority list, just a question of when.

If you don't want to replace items with modest upgrades then hold out for the better stuff. 20K isn't going to get you very far in the EC tunnel at your current level, which you've no doubt already noticed. That'll get you most thurgadin pieces or some of the cheaper skyshrine pieces. You'll want to save some of that for gems for quest armor. The halls of testing set is in several cases the best you're likely to do outside getting NTOV-type drops.

For stuff you could do with a group (or less) you could get another silver chitin bracer from Velketor's easily enough, and blood runed gloves/legs with some difficulty. Crystal spider eyes from the same zone (velk is something of a melee playground, gear-wise) is a nice face slot item until you get something high-end. Most any of the velious quest helms are an improvement over incarnadine although the thurgadin helm is only a slight upgrade as you already alluded to. You could work on the various quests (thurgadin rings, Chardok stuff, etc) if you're inclined--there are people, such as myself, who have neither the schedule nor the inclination to show up for roll-offs, so I consider those items optional rather than a given.

Purchase or MQ or lootright costs for items like crown of narandi, eyepatch of plunder, skyshrine BP/legs, blood ember legs, and so forth are outside your present price range.

Danth
Old 01-15-2020, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

Don't buy bracers, go get your bob, you get two nearly bis item for free, you just need amiable cov faction and two win the scout roll... It suck but it's free and require little but 10min every 10h left and right.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Bracer_of_Benevolence
Old 01-15-2020, 10:03 AM
Kobold

Thanks for that detailed info. That's pretty much spot on. I never ever gave a rip about scout roll. I guess I should make that (and a +6 neck) a priority. And check out Velks. I've been in that zone twice.

I am ally to CoV already.
Old 01-15-2020, 10:49 AM
Banned

Nice thing is you can park that char for Scout and check if Ayillish is up at random! Odds are you'll get your 6 neck before 2x BoB.

Just play a different char while parked for Scout. I found constantly seeking rides before the roll to be exhausting.
Old 01-15-2020, 11:26 AM
Kobold

Thank you for the tip on scout roll. Again, I've never attempted it. Pretty much stayed away from Velious my whole life, as it shows from my gear... lol...
Closed Thread