Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

View Poll Results: Should An Erudite (Caster) Dump Creation Points Into Agility?
Yes - Even a Caster needs it 16 69.57%
No - It doesn't matter 4 17.39%
Bush/Towers 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-23-2020, 10:31 PM
TheDudeAbides TheDudeAbides is offline
Kobold

TheDudeAbides's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 142
Default Erudite Caster Starting Stats (Agility) Poll

I've never rolled an Erudite Caster before but I have played an Erudite Paladin (Where the 5 points in agility at creation makes sense

I've scoured threads and there doesn't seem to be a clear consensus. The discussions are never class specific. Just a generalized "If you're an Erudite you must put 5 points into Agility)

I understand sub 75 AGI gives a significant hit to AC, but on a Necro for example does this really matter? You're not really tanking and you're a cloth class. It's not like you're rolling in AC to begin with and your gear does not give much AC anyways

Wouldn't those 5 points be better spent elsewhere?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-23-2020, 10:54 PM
DMN DMN is online now
Planar Protector

DMN's Avatar

Join Date: May 2016
Location: My own special hell
Posts: 2,103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never rolled an Erudite Caster before but I have played an Erudite Paladin (Where the 5 points in agility at creation makes sense

I've scoured threads and there doesn't seem to be a clear consensus. The discussions are never class specific. Just a generalized "If you're an Erudite you must put 5 points into Agility)

I understand sub 75 AGI gives a significant hit to AC, but on a Necro for example does this really matter? You're not really tanking and you're a cloth class. It's not like you're rolling in AC to begin with and your gear does not give much AC anyways

Wouldn't those 5 points be better spent elsewhere?
You picked perhaps the worst erudite to put the 5 points into agility because it's a class that makes good use of str, cha, sta, wis. Essentially those points could be doing you a lot of good elsewhere, while you simply just get yourself some silver plated leggings.

You gave a necro for an example, so where else you going to put the points on a necro? Sta? And get like 10 hit points at like level 60? Additionally casters are viable to kill things naked, so your naked stats will be more relevnt for CRs and such. And i don't even udnerstand he logic of "I aleady have low AC why should I care about getting more"? Would you say the same thing about hit points on a caster?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-23-2020, 11:10 PM
TheDudeAbides TheDudeAbides is offline
Kobold

TheDudeAbides's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You picked perhaps the worst erudite to put the 5 points into agility because it's a class that makes good use of str, cha, sta, wis. Essentially those points could be doing you a lot of good elsewhere, while you simply just get yourself some silver plated leggings.

You gave a necro for an example, so where else you going to put the points on a necro? Sta? And get like 10 hit points at like level 60? Additionally casters are viable to kill things naked, so your naked stats will be more relevnt for CRs and such. And i don't even udnerstand he logic of "I aleady have low AC why should I care about getting more"? Would you say the same thing about hit points on a caster?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgH9BxnfhMw
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-23-2020, 11:19 PM
DMN DMN is online now
Planar Protector

DMN's Avatar

Join Date: May 2016
Location: My own special hell
Posts: 2,103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a good thing I wrote it, then.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-23-2020, 11:51 PM
TheDudeAbides TheDudeAbides is offline
Kobold

TheDudeAbides's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a good thing I wrote it, then.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=30
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-23-2020, 11:55 PM
DMN DMN is online now
Planar Protector

DMN's Avatar

Join Date: May 2016
Location: My own special hell
Posts: 2,103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, you've found the proper forum this should probably be posted in, since you don't seem to be interested in any qualitative discussion involving the topic.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-24-2020, 12:21 AM
TheDudeAbides TheDudeAbides is offline
Kobold

TheDudeAbides's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, you've found the proper forum this should probably be posted in, since you don't seem to be interested in any qualitative discussion involving the topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You picked perhaps the worst erudite to put the 5 points into agility because it's a class that makes good use of str, cha, sta, wis. Essentially those points could be doing you a lot of good elsewhere, while you simply just get yourself some silver plated leggings.

You gave a necro for an example, so where else you going to put the points on a necro? Sta? And get like 10 hit points at like level 60? Additionally casters are viable to kill things naked, so your naked stats will be more relevnt for CRs and such. And i don't even udnerstand he logic of "I aleady have low AC why should I care about getting more"? Would you say the same thing about hit points on a caster?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-24-2020, 12:48 AM
Pyrocat Pyrocat is offline
Planar Protector

Pyrocat's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,706
Default

Erudite Paladin is a great choice. I would skip the 5 points in agility as you will almost assuredly get that from gear. If nothing else it makes the gear selection game more interesting.
__________________
Pyrocat the Protector of Vul
Proud member of The Safehouse since 2000
Pyrocat (60 TRL SHM) Orochi (60 IKS NEC)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-24-2020, 04:37 AM
Jimjam Jimjam is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 6,730
Default

For real casters, not paladins, i would go 5 agi and then all remaining points in strength. Not a joke post.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-24-2020, 10:35 AM
Asteria Asteria is offline
Sarnak

Asteria's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cyclades
Posts: 472
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, you've found the proper forum this should probably be posted in, since you don't seem to be interested in any qualitative discussion involving the topic.
I voted 5 in AGI like DMN said - I agree with him in this case.

Imagine thinking you gotta curse like a sailour to make something RnF-worthy and thinking that not cursing automatically makes you sound completely decent like DMN seems to.
__________________
Linnae McPherson (Lvl 43 Witchdoctor of The Six Hammers)
Kasuna // Tnicklin Miyagi // Roksana // Melinoe // Linnae //

U.S. Military Tribute- If Today Was Your Last Day

Esto Es México
Wolves - "The Mummers' Dance"
One Last Game
Last edited by Asteria; 01-24-2020 at 10:39 AM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:26 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.