Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah for that reason specifically I have them on my ranger and druid. I might use them once or twice a month, but there's nothing quite like running out of VP to Skyfire and forgetting to invis. You'll find a use for them.
Lol

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 05-04-2016, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's no class that won't benefit from them, if only as a dispell junk.
Shaman
Old 05-09-2016, 12:30 PM
Sarnak

100% worth it imo. I put a pair on my bard at 15 and it makes everything so easy. It's a constant speed, no need to worry about selos all the time, instant cast so if it fades mid kite no problem.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shaman
Depends if you MQ your epic or not. On a pre-epic timeline, shamans benefit from them.

Post-epic timeline, shaman have an available better-alternative to jboots, but they would still benefit from having a pair if they do not have the alternative.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:37 PM
Sarnak

It seems like a very personalized judgement call. It's an investment you can't get back. How many bards get sick of aoe kiting and pick another playstyle or start another character? 10x SoW pots are 10pp a click, ~7-8 pp if you can get a guildmate to make them without a surcharge. Less than 10pp each if you vendor it with 1 charge left, which pays ~17pp iirc. Even if you used one every single time before a kite, how long would it take for jboots to be cost effective? What's the difference in utility: a couple of extra deaths if you're unfortunate enough? Is that worth the difference in price to you?

Of course, depending on your goals the cash might not mean all that much to you. If you're sticking with the bard long term, or if you've already got plenty of twink gear and don't plan on playing an expensive class in the future, maybe it's worth the additional bag space that pots would have cost you.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:46 PM
Kobold

Personally I'd avoid the jboots. I started kiting with SoW pots at first and went from 20-30 with only one death (but I'd take hits here and there). By the time you get to 30 and go to FV you really cant afford that however.

I found that the best way to kite as a bard was to actually strafe run without selos, sow, or jboots. Just plain old strafe running in a big circle. You save the money and you actually keep a really good distance thats easily adjustable by either making the loop smaller or larger.

Granted, I still see bards using selos/sow/jboots so there has to be some draw, I've just found its much easier to kite without them unless you're using something to automate your circles.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

I bought Jboots when I was in my mid to high 50s. They are totally worth it for having on when you occasionally might have selos drop or when you need junk buffs. For the price they go for and how often they sell, I'd say it's a pretty good item to have at all times.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:41 AM
Banned

jboots are one of the best items in the game

anyone who says not to get them sucks at everquest
Closed Thread