Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 01:35 PM
Kobold

The main reason I don't like playing a warrior is feeling stuck/helpless in places. Making sure you have Sow pots and invis clickies. If I am in a group deep in a dungeon and I need out I can just hammer myself away to OT to log safely. I plan on getting Jboots and quilmain's cloak so that I can get to the port nexus in TD within a reasonable time after Hammering to OT
Old 08-08-2019, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OT is not a good vendor spot. Sure it's fine for buying cheap supplies, but remember the vendors in OT are 'greedy'. Greedy vendors charge more and pay less.

You can bank in OT even KoS; just go up to the wall, 3rd person to right click on the banker, though I am told you can just right click the bankers through the wall! Beware of dragoons though.
This, but just as importantly, you don't even need the vendors there!

Let's say you're out of food, you hammer to OT, and you're starving. Just walk out of the fort over to the mud pits (towards the WW side of the zone), and there's an Iksar female who sells food and drink to everyone regardless of faction.

So really the only thing anyone needs the actual OT "city" itself for is the bank, and as mentioned you can totally mess up your faction (by, you know, actually playing the game like you should) abd use the banker without faction ... if you're careful. If not ... "Goons to FM ZL!!!" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:42 PM
Kobold

Never go to KC or Howling stones. The Hole has some of the best experience in game, camps everywhere and isn't as bad as most people fear it to be. I found as a Troll SK the most consistent, long duration exp sessions came from the hole. I'm always willing to show people around. Wedar's guide is also incredibly helpful.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Wedar%2...de_to_The_Hole

Another option, if you like sitting around with LFG tag up go to Chardok.

With a ToD you could probably solo very efficiently at the pond assuming you have a hammer to get out. Grab a shaman friend and you can duo the hole very well.

Shoot me a PM and we can see about getting a group together.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://wiki.project1999.com/Klok_G%60rshai (OT vendor who sells to everyone)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OT is not a good vendor spot. Sure it's fine for buying cheap supplies, but remember the vendors in OT are 'greedy'. Greedy vendors charge more and pay less.
It's the san francisco of norrath
Old 08-08-2019, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajudge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never go to KC or Howling stones
I can kind of get behind avoiding KC (as it's sort of a "lowest common denominator" place), but some people have to go there. Some quests, like the Shaman Cann II quest, require it. Lot of good clickie armor drops there (although that can be bought), and also a piece of the VP key quest drops there, so it's not entirely avoidable to many.

Same with Kaesora (you need it for HS key and some other quests). HS isn't required for much (Spirit Wracked Cord mainly), but the zone is awesome and you're only hurting yourself if you miss out on that amazing zone. Loramin got like his last four levels in HS basement, and even that was a really bad camp for Shaman ... relative to how great it is for Necros.

I really think "avoiding key dungeons" is the wrong way to play Kunark; avoiding using the OT vendors (and getting your OT hammer via puppet strings) is the "right" or at least "smart" way IMHO.

Last edited by loramin; 08-08-2019 at 01:54 PM..
Old 08-08-2019, 02:13 PM
Kobold

Being able to "Gate" as a warrior is priceless, being able to gate some where with a bank and friendly NPCs... some how even more priceless. Being close to TD Nexus.... SOME HOW EVEN MORE priceless.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:41 PM
Banned

Go camp the goblin earring in warsilks woods. also accidentally get some FV faction that way.

FV Vendors are neutral
all other guards and NPCs are on the same FV faction. then again i never did a full explore I just go to the bank and nearby vendors on my iksar monk

never worry about OT faction again
Old 08-08-2019, 02:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
then again i never did a full explore I just go to the bank and nearby vendors on my iksar monk
Reportedly some of the NPCs are on Antonica / Faydwer factions, but yeah FV works for the good races.

OP is a warrior, and doesn't need to worry about spells, so it's just a matter of being able to bank without issue. For the "evil classes" they're gonna need Cabilis faction.

FV or Cabilis is a bit of a dangerous hike at lower levels. (I hate WW with a passion.)
Old 08-08-2019, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This, but just as importantly, you don't even need the vendors there!

Let's say you're out of food, you hammer to OT, and you're starving. Just walk out of the fort over to the mud pits (towards the WW side of the zone), and there's an Iksar female who sells food and drink to everyone regardless of faction.

So really the only thing anyone needs the actual OT "city" itself for is the bank, and as mentioned you can totally mess up your faction (by, you know, actually playing the game like you should) abd use the banker without faction ... if you're careful. If not ... "Goons to FM ZL!!!" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
isn't she also greedy?
Closed Thread