Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 04:29 PM
Sarnak

Default Spells dropping when zoning

I checked to see if anyone else was having this issue, but as of today, my buffs have been dropping each time i zone, doesnt matter if i relog or not. not sure if others are having this issue.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Kobold

I have a similar problem, but I don't even have to zone. Usually it's the druid skin like buffs that drop randomly.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:34 PM
Sarnak

yep those to, my biggest issue is zoning though. its like a clean whipe of most buffs
Old 01-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Sarnak

Are you low HP when you zone? I seem to recall that if you are getting whacked and your hitpoints fall below your normal amount and only your equipment is what is keeping you alive, then your buffs get wiped almost as if you died.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you low HP when you zone? I seem to recall that if you are getting whacked and your hitpoints fall below your normal amount and only your equipment is what is keeping you alive, then your buffs get wiped almost as if you died.
That is something that got introduced relatively late - I think way into Luclin... it was basically to allow people to zone without popping dead in the target zone: If you zoned at low health, but (possibly) heavily dotted, all spell effects were intentionally stripped from you (and I believe even your health was restored to about 30% but not sure on that) so that you wouldn't die while zoning due to synch issues between client and server...

That's what I recall - I know I was playing actively when this got changed, and I was high level, so it was somewhere around or after Luclin release (I did my later 50s after Luclin release) - it was not just buffs being stripped, it was all spell effects - detrimental included.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:47 PM
Kobold

I just buffed up and tabbed out to the forums here while medding. 3 minutes later SoW has dropped. Now it seems to me that this is occuring while I'm tabbed out.

Very strange indeed....
Old 01-13-2012, 01:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoberries [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just buffed up and tabbed out to the forums here while medding. 3 minutes later SoW has dropped. Now it seems to me that this is occuring while I'm tabbed out.

Very strange indeed....
What zone did this happen in?
I assume you are using Titanium?
Any chance you cast Scale of Wolf, not Spirit of Wolf?
Last edited by Rasah; 01-13-2012 at 01:55 PM..
Old 01-13-2012, 03:34 PM
Kobold

Using Titanium. Happened in Swamp of No Hope and Frontier Mountains. No chance at all of being Scale of Wolf.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:07 PM
Orc

I can verify as a bard that I lose Selo's EVERY time I zone. This didn't happen on Live - I'd appear with Selo's still on me, but I had to start singing it again right away or I'd lose it within 2 ticks.
I don't believe that that was classic or anything. I'm pretty sure that I never immediately slowed down just from zoning back then.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:57 PM
Kobold

<deleted>
Last edited by Pomaikai; 01-17-2012 at 10:02 PM..
Closed Thread