Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 04:31 PM
Orc

I may get shit for this but I color stun if they are close then low lvl mez and re charm if they have decent HP left. It's good practice to not rely on multiple nukes to finish the fight. Later on running low on mana for me was my biggest issue in holding a camp down. Sometimes you can get a mez off if you are farther away, but it's good practice to get used to color stunning then mezzing and re-charming.

Damn I use mez so much its crazy. I mez to interrupt spells, and mez to chain nuke casters as well. I know there is a regen applied but I don't find it significant...AND you can use it to have your pet regen health faster.
Old 03-27-2018, 04:32 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get yourself a goblin gazughi ring, break charm at like 1-2%, and Choke it down. I used that spell nearly into my 40s, was just a great cheap way to do it.
Still waiting to save up for mine , lvl 37 and saving [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-27-2018, 04:33 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

-Check out Najena for your early 20s.

-Sol A and HHK for your 25-30s is great.

-Festering hags in Unrest ~35 are awesome. Low HP and they will obliterate one another with nukes.
Finishing Hags now, whats a good spot to go next?
Old 03-27-2018, 04:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by deniedius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Finishing Hags now, whats a good spot to go next?
I did FV drolvargs until 41 or so, but found it frustrating. I didn’t have a good experience fear kiting like most others. At 41 though I went to Droga and soloed or duoed in there until 43-44, and I found that pretty awesome. You could also to Oggok Giards(?$ for some easier plat farming to work on the Goblin Gauzughi Ring. I did a lot of Oggok and Grobb guards in the 40s until I could finally afford it. Word to the wise, I am now KOS to the guards in both of those cities though, even in Ogre/Troll suit and collaboration, so don’t expect to be non-KOS. I was still able to do the easy epic piece in Oggok without any trouble.
Last edited by Baylan295; 03-27-2018 at 04:45 PM.. Reason: I spel gud
Old 04-01-2018, 11:06 PM
Sarnak

Thanks for the tips! Here's a new question: is there a good strategy to split the group of 6 iksar in the Swamp of New Hope tunnels (http://wiki.project1999.com/Swamp_of...e_Iksar_Exiles) ? I've been soloing the group of three pretty easily but I run low on mana when I try to take the six.

For the group of three, I soothe all but one, tash/charm it, sic it on the other two at the same time, tash and root the other two, let them beat down my pet, nuke my pet, charm one of the two, reroot and nuke as needed.

For the group of six, I tried a similar strategy but I guess I have to soothe 5 out of 6 or I get social aggro. Is this the right way to do it?
Old 04-01-2018, 11:52 PM
Planar Protector

You probably need to split up the spawn of 6 by killing part of it, then resting, then killing the other part, to get them broken up. That way you aren't spending so much mana on lulls or in as much danger when a lull fails. You might not even need lulls at all if you are quick with pulling the first respawn back to charm.
Old 04-02-2018, 12:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by deniedius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know there is a regen applied but I don't find it significant...AND you can use it to have your pet regen health faster.
Yeah it will only regen if the mez also procs a memblur, which is like 1/10th or 1/3rd of the time. Its a great way to complete heal and re-use the same pet and keep going if you have good camp spot
Old 05-10-2018, 01:10 AM
Sarnak

I spent level 40 in Kaesora Library but the loot is very mediocre and getting past the spiders is a pain in the ass if I get a crit lull resist. Is it worth sticking around here, or should I try Oggok/Grobb guards? Kaesora is probably better exp with the dungeon zem, but the guards will have guaranteed plat and no casters...
Old 05-10-2018, 01:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I spent level 40 in Kaesora Library but the loot is very mediocre and getting past the spiders is a pain in the ass if I get a crit lull resist. Is it worth sticking around here, or should I try Oggok/Grobb guards? Kaesora is probably better exp with the dungeon zem, but the guards will have guaranteed plat and no casters...
I farmed Oggok and Grobb guards most of the way through the 40s to get plat for my Goblin Gazughi Ring... I did do a 2 level detour to Droga for 42 and 43 because I was bored. That might be worth a try, but a tough to go very deep at 40.
Closed Thread