Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-14-2019, 10:45 AM
Kobold

Default luclin elemental graphics gone

I have had the Luclin elemental models ever since I installed EQ/Project 1999 a couple of months ago. However, due to glitching, I completely uninstalled the game and re-installed. Now, I don't see the new elemental models anymore. I have made sure that UseLuclinElementals=TRUE in the eqclient.ini file. Anyone know how to get them back?
Old 03-14-2019, 11:27 AM
Banned

Turn them on/off in the options menu at the login screen? That's how I thought it was done..
Old 03-14-2019, 12:05 PM
Kobold

Strangely, I don't have an options menu on the login screen. I am using duxau1, I wonder if that's part of the problem?

*Edit* I did find the options after all. However, all the models were already checked. Any other ideas?
Last edited by deven1313; 03-14-2019 at 12:09 PM..
Old 03-14-2019, 12:42 PM
Banned

try to uncheck them and see what happens? I'm not sure!
Old 03-14-2019, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

You could always switch to these: they're cooler looking (IMHO) and more classic:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=256151

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-14-2019, 02:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could always switch to these: they're cooler looking (IMHO) and more classic:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=256151
Maybe I will if I can't get the Luclin ones back. I think the ones I had look super cool though, with the heads and how they move.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:23 PM
Kobold

To update this, last night I noticed the Fire elemental was showing the Luclin model as I wanted (the one with the head). I then tried the Air elemental, but it was non-Luclin. I tried it again today and this time the fire elemental was back to non-Luclin. So, I don't know what's going on. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Anyone have any other ideas? I should point out that I am using the updated character and zone models found here . I tried removing them to troubleshoot, but it made no difference. I'm also using DuxaUI so not sure if that makes changes to the models?
Last edited by deven1313; 03-15-2019 at 04:25 PM..
Old 03-15-2019, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deven1313 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To update this, last night I noticed the Fire elemental was showing the Luclin model as I wanted (the one with the head). I then tried the Air elemental, but it was non-Luclin. I tried it again today and this time the fire elemental was back to non-Luclin. So, I don't know what's going on. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Anyone have any other ideas? I should point out that I am using the updated character and zone models found here . I tried removing them to troubleshoot, but it made no difference. I'm also using DuxaUI so not sure if that makes changes to the models?
I've heard rumors that the devs might have added code to prevent Luclin models, and while I'd also heard that code might make exceptions for elementals ... maybe it doesn't (or did but doesn't anymore).

I have no idea of those rumors are true or not, but it would fit perfectly for a server that's dedicated to classic EQ to have code to prevent non-classic models. And that explanation would fit your inconsistent experience (maybe it's not 100% effective at blocking the new models?)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've heard rumors that the devs might have added code to prevent Luclin models, and while I'd also heard that code might make exceptions for elementals ... maybe it doesn't (or did but doesn't anymore).

I have no idea of those rumors are true or not, but it would fit perfectly for a server that's dedicated to classic EQ to have code to prevent non-classic models. And that explanation would fit your inconsistent experience (maybe it's not 100% effective at blocking the new models?)
It should be easy to test your theory. Turn on the models yourself and see if you (or anyone else for that matter,) is able to constantly see the Luclin models.