Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 07:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really think it comes down to whether you believe one culture can be better than another.

I know it's in vogue right now among young people to believe in cultural relativism, that cultures are only different, not better or worse, and that we should blame whitey for the way Africa, South America, etc turned out, and that having a multicultural society adds something. I think that's patently false, and it represents a woeful inability to critically assess history and anthropology.

Culture is the single strongest determinant behind how well you prosper in modern society. Some cultures tend to be more conducive to better performance than others (Jews, Chinese, Vietnamese diaspora, Northern Europeans). It isn't about your 'race', the color of your skin, or any of that nonsense. It's about the deeply ingrained set of beliefs, behaviors, values, and cognitions that characterize your upbringing and the way you navigate your life and your community.

I like my culture. I generally like the way we do things here in the United States. I have no problem with immigrants, only as long as they eventually assimilate. I don't want the contribution of Mexican immigrants to be that California becomes more like Mexico. Now, there are other barriers to assimilation, including racism and economic/informal segregation, but that's another discussion.
Dats rayciss.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really think it comes down to whether you believe one culture can be better than another.

I know it's in vogue right now among young people to believe in cultural relativism, that cultures are only different, not better or worse, and that we should blame whitey for the way Africa, South America, etc turned out, and that having a multicultural society adds something. I think that's patently false, and it represents a woeful inability to critically assess history and anthropology.

Culture is the single strongest determinant behind how well you prosper in modern society. Some cultures tend to be more conducive to better performance than others (Jews, Chinese, Vietnamese diaspora, Northern Europeans). It isn't about your 'race', the color of your skin, or any of that nonsense. It's about the deeply ingrained set of beliefs, behaviors, values, and cognitions that characterize your upbringing and the way you navigate your life and your community.

I like my culture. I generally like the way we do things here in the United States. I have no problem with immigrants, only as long as they eventually assimilate. I don't want the contribution of Mexican immigrants to be that California becomes more like Mexico. Now, there are other barriers to assimilation, including racism and economic/informal segregation, but that's another discussion.
Good post. I agree with all of this sans the bit about assimilation, only because I think there needs to be a wider conversation about cultural assimilation and what it ought or ought not to entail.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:57 PM
Banned

Real talk though, this bullshit comes from cultural marxist Anthro 101 indoctrination that directly contradicts what is being taught in actual evidence-based non-bullshit science courses. This is the education you go into decades of debt for so you can be trained as a youth that the opposite of cultural relativism is called the pejorative "ethnocentrism", aka racism, and that "there is no scientific validity to the separation of races".

This latter stands in direct opposition to epidemiology and the genetic basis of things like sickle-cell disease, which has a vastly higher incidence in certain populations which correlates usefully along racial lines. Try mentioning the facts to a soft scientist and they'll have an aneurysm or cross themselves. All their masters really want to do is convince everyone that intelligence is comparable across all racial lines, which is a conclusion easily reached using reason. But the plebs stupid enough to pay for a non-STEM education can be trusted to stick with dogma, not reason.

This conveniently leads to twisted thinking down the line that rejecting the importation of third-world warlord culture and the dilution of value of the individual in the American labor pool (the dilution of your economic value) to the benefit of a select few international parasites is racism. As evidenced by serfs literally calling me out for being a racist in this thread when I am quite the opposite of that.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

I guess another caveat I'd add is that I completely disagree that multiculturalism doesn't add anything to society. I sort of glossed over that part having so strongly agreed with Lune's remarks about cultural relativism, which I do think is a very toxifying ideology and is the sole reason we have idiots like Ben Affleck trying to tell everyone who criticizes Islam that they're racist.

So that's definitely a point of contention I'd put forth. I mean, I would hate to live in a country that actively works against a multicultural society, that wants to keep everything white-washed and sterile. But, at the same time, there is this really awful air of political correctness currently surrounding the left and liberalism as a whole which instills, and protracts, a huge amount of anxiety and white guilt in people who would otherwise be able to think for themselves.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 07-07-2015 at 09:07 PM..
Old 07-08-2015, 09:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hijiri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sources or conjecture?

Lol wut?

I-me-myself-that guy in I see in the mirror- experienced these things first had. Was 50%'ish young guys who were criminals or on their way to join gangs in LA and the surrounding areas in the hopes of earning easy cash in the drug trade. And thats why we were linked up with dea,fbi,ice when we did these op's. not border partol . Those guys are on the border,and man the stations along the known path up the coast. pendleton is north of the border between San Diego and LA.

Sounds like your talking out of your ass millburn. Trump might be a complete dumbass but he wasn't wrong.
What I'm trying to tell your poor misguided soul is that your individual experience does not reflect an accurate representation of a MUCH larger system at play. Yes, you experienced what you experienced and I value your opinion but it remains opinion (and yes, conjecture) until you can provide some sources (sorry should I have said citation?) with statistical analysis that supports your anecdotal claim.

Yes Trump is a dumbass, no Trump wasn't right.

Edit: To be a little more clear of what I'm saying here is that I don't doubt what you went through at your base was a regular thing. What I'm contesting is that the types of people and the type of crime you experienced from these people at your base accurately reflects a common tend among the larger legal and non-legal immigrant population at large. That's SPECIFICALLY what I'm contesting. I don't doubt what you went through was legitimate. I apologize if you didn't understand that earlier.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Last edited by Millburn; 07-08-2015 at 09:19 AM..
Old 07-08-2015, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

I like how Mexico is very strict with their border though.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like how Mexico is very strict with their border though.
Americans may come through and take the jobs at the motor plants [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-08-2015, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Trump doesn't want Mexicans and south Americans to move away and leave his sweat shops.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:22 PM
Fire Giant

north korea has landmines for their border, lets try that
Old 07-08-2015, 02:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systolic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone who enters our country illegally is a criminal. Trump was completely right. By breaking our immigration laws, they immediately become criminals.
^^ This. And I hope Trump wins all his lawsuits against those contractually obligated to show the Miss Universe pageant.
Moollah Muckwater, Swamp Hag, 4th Eye of Fear
Closed Thread