Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenithia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nah, I'm not a bad guildy. I help a lot, or at least I did when I played. Probably more than most people did. It just gets annoying when you only have an hour or so to play and it takes about that long for people to gather.
Keep telling yourself that, lol

I can't think of a better way to spend an hour of my free time than hanging out with my pals and helping someone knock out a hard part of their epic. Sounds like good times. I have helped countless people get their epics and formed countless friendships in the process.

When I need help with something I've never had a shortage of people willing to help.

This is a social game, not much can be accomplished solo.

♦♦ Nikkanu (60 Dark Elf Cleric) ♦♦
♦♦ Psychoactive (60 Ogre Shaman) ♦♦
♦♦ Recycling (60 Iksar Necromancer) ♦♦
♦♦ Silentblade (60 Dwarf Rogue) ♦♦
♦♦ Yourack (60 Human Monk) ♦♦
♦♦ Bargains (EC Mule) ♦♦
Old 04-22-2018, 12:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+10000000000000

Just give me the frickin number and don't sit there and hope that I dont know the value and bid 300% price by accident.
I always don't enjoy those people who will send a tell about a 10k item and being like "anyway you could do 9.8k?" Or something to that effect. Is it really worth the extra haggling time for less than 500p difference?
Absolutely, when I'm outfitting an entire new set of gear for a new alt, and I get each item 5-10% under fair market value, thats a lot of savings.

Not to mention, everyone who is selling shit in EC tunnel is trying to get top dollar, and fuck all of that. When I see 5 of those bastards being sold, ya'll need to learn a little bit about supply and demand, because 9 times out of 10, one of those 4 other guys will take the 500pp less offer. Question is, is it gonna be you, or the next guy I send a tell to?

Thats the whole point of the East Commons Tunnel, haggling. If you don't want to haggle, go play Agnar and set up your bazaar mule.
Old 04-22-2018, 12:27 PM
Kobold

Asking me to come res you when you haven't even started to recover, even when I ask. I've ran too many times to Seb only to sit on my ass for 30 minutes while they get their shit together.

You don't have to pay me just be fucking ready.

Edit: If you roll a necro and don't pick iksar you're an idiot.
Last edited by bloodmuffin; 04-22-2018 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: .
Old 04-22-2018, 01:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a few pet peeves for sure.
  1. People who are not able to play their class at the most basic level. (IE. enchanters who wont CC, bards who wont CC, Root classes not using root, etc
  2. Melee players not being aware of an enchanter being in a group and hitting random targets at random intervals. (Love wasting expenisve mezzes in king groups just to break them 2 seconds later)
  3. Chronic AFK'ers
  4. People who do not call CC's
^These. Also a more recent one, people that spend weeks/months manipulating prices to squeeze a few extra k out of an item. The guy that was auctioning Fungi Staffs for 35k from at least November to March comes to mind, the price briefly went from 10 to almost 15k but is now back towards 10k. Is it really worth 6 months to squeeze 5k more out of a 10k item?

I don't know why it bothers me, I was never even in the market for a Fungi Staff, but it makes me want to bitch slap that guy. There have always been some douchebag EC resellers, but the number of them just blatantly manipulating prices seems to be at all time highs.
Old 04-22-2018, 01:20 PM
Sarnak

Minmaxers in exp groups and people with hardline opinions about classes/races. First sign of someone being total shitter who base most their knowledge off their equally shit friends and/or some guide they've decided to treat as the holiest of truths. You can usually spot these people by how ridiculously overtwinked they are thus they'll never really learn the class itself as they sail through the game on easy mode.

Also, EQ is not a hard game. Ever wonder how X or Y person does that. Stop. They've farmed tons of consumables and other clickies. They've put time and EFFORT into getting that stuff. You aren't really doing anything wrong, you just got accept some people put more time into the game and that's why they get rewarded for it. Shit's classic and all that.

You can buy "skill" in this game. It is called a fungi.
Old 04-22-2018, 01:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixtar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can buy "skill" in this game. It is called a fungi.
And wort pots!! But for real, there are two types of people that play this game: those that think hokushin soloing ragefire is all about skill. And those that think it's all about the 60-100k of consumables he used for that kill.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And wort pots!! But for real, there are two types of people that play this game: those that think hokushin soloing ragefire is all about skill. And those that think it's all about the 60-100k of consumables he used for that kill.
Yeah, I was never impressed by that personally. My trash geared 5th alt monk could solo ragefire with a few bags of wort pots, reaper, soulfire, and puppet strings. Would be several times easier with full BIS.

♦♦ Nikkanu (60 Dark Elf Cleric) ♦♦
♦♦ Psychoactive (60 Ogre Shaman) ♦♦
♦♦ Recycling (60 Iksar Necromancer) ♦♦
♦♦ Silentblade (60 Dwarf Rogue) ♦♦
♦♦ Yourack (60 Human Monk) ♦♦
♦♦ Bargains (EC Mule) ♦♦
Old 04-22-2018, 05:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are welcome.
For?
Old 04-22-2018, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For?
Caiu was implying that he was the person Triiz referred to (ie. "the guy that was auctioning Fungi Staffs for 35k from at least November to March") ... or at least that he too was one of the "douchebag EC resellers". He was also implying that Triiz was thanking those people, even though he clearly understood that Triiz was actually complaining about them.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 04-22-2018 at 05:26 PM..
Old 04-22-2018, 05:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Caiu was implying that he was the person Triiz referred to (ie. "the guy that was auctioning Fungi Staffs for 35k from at least November to March") ... or at least that he too was one of the "douchebag EC resellers". He was also implying that Triiz was thanking those people, even though he clearly understood that Triiz was actually complaining about them.
I kind of thought that at first, but surely there is more plat in recharge heists than being an EC reseller.
Closed Thread