Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2020, 11:48 PM
Fire Giant

It's some kind of bug that started during the green patches. I was playing my blue mage exclusively right before that and didn't have any issues.

The problem is no one believes us and thinks we're imagining things or just not understanding mechanics and then proceed to explain how it's supposed to work again...and again...and again.

I haven't done super thorough testing but whenever I don't use my DS I can chain pet's no problem and have zero issues having him pick up the mob during chain summons.

Guess I've just been too lazy to put together the evidence and bug report it.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 02-17-2020, 02:37 AM
Orc

It is not the dmg shield, i used 54 water pet with water staff, when i recast new pet, the mob just ran thru it and came at me. So no dmg shield was on them. Something was changed and we need it changed back to where mages will not get aggro if not doing dmg. We are squishy enough as it is.
Old 02-17-2020, 03:07 AM
Sarnak

Honestly I’m more interested in why it takes so many casts to get a decent earth pet than fire. Lol. 🤷*♂️😑.
Old 02-17-2020, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is not the dmg shield, i used 54 water pet with water staff, when i recast new pet, the mob just ran thru it and came at me. So no dmg shield was on them. Something was changed and we need it changed back to where mages will not get aggro if not doing dmg. We are squishy enough as it is.
If you cast a spell on your pet mid combat, then chain a new pet, once first one dies all that aggro is just going to transfer to you. If you are chaining pets on something only chain pets do nothing else.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you cast a spell on your pet mid combat, then chain a new pet, once first one dies all that aggro is just going to transfer to you. If you are chaining pets on something only chain pets do nothing else.
This does seem to help, but 90% of the time I cast DS before combat and do nothing else but med and still have issues.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 02-18-2020, 12:49 AM
Fire Giant

If your pet is fighting something and it dies of course your going to get aggro lol damage shielded or not.
Old 02-19-2020, 04:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If your pet is fighting something and it dies of course your going to get aggro lol damage shielded or not.
Of course that's true, that's not what we're talking about. On green when chaining pets we are getting high aggro for seemingly no reason, whereas on blue (and I assume red) pets generally snap aggro almost immediately.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 02-20-2020, 01:14 AM
Sarnak

Had some strange situations tonight that made me wonder if this was happening. Was in a goblin group, had fire pet out. Damage shield on tank. Tank was fighting 2 monsters, myself not my pet never touched the second monster, but he came running right after me for no reason. I didn’t pull him. I was just standing with the group fighting the mobs on /assist. This happened several times through the night.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:34 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course that's true, that's not what we're talking about. On green when chaining pets we are getting high aggro for seemingly no reason, whereas on blue (and I assume red) pets generally snap aggro almost immediately.
Ah I see.
Old 05-15-2020, 11:57 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

This is still going on and is definitely a major issue for mages.

We get no CC. We don't have pet heal or mod rods in game yet. Root nets were already nerfed.

And we still can't chain summon properly since this change, the one and only major play in the mage's arsenal since classic in live that gave us the ability to solo SOME things with a lot of risk and dying and running oom before being able to summon another pet.

Meanwhile enchanters are still freely carrying on soloing everything in lguk with antics that have taken 20 years of exploiting and theorycrafting to abuse.

Can we PLEASE get some justice and balance as soon as possible? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread