Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2020, 05:37 AM
Planar Protector

Of course Blue needs Sleeper reset.
Old 02-02-2020, 05:56 AM
Planar Protector

Just play on Green. There will be a sleeper every 3 years.
Old 02-02-2020, 06:09 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think it really matters. Unless things changed blue is slated to receive custom content sometime in the future. They could always classic lock the content on blue now to preserve it while adding new content similar to a traditional expansion but the sky's the limit really.
Old 02-02-2020, 06:43 AM
Planar Protector

wont happen say thx to the greedy RAMPAGE guys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-02-2020, 06:45 AM
Sarnak

I've read enough posts both here and elsewhere how certain players have kept raid targets on lock down indefinitely while the casual player is pushed aside. I would place good money that resetting the Sleeper on Blue will repeat the same tactics. It is just the nature of games and those "hard core" players that believe having certain pixels over other players makes them ~better~.

As for custom content - I doubt that will ever come about here. Besides the cries of "Not classic!", there appears to be so many aspects that were not added yet that people have found to be in game at the time. So I doubt energy and time will be spent on custom projects when the details of old need work - especially if the original desire to create the most classic server is still on the table.

Well, perhaps custom content is already added - locked down server side clip plane and what appears to be a reduction in graphics from before in the name of "classic".

But back to the original poster's request - will a reset really matter here?
Old 02-02-2020, 07:49 AM
Planar Protector

Reset blue. Great idea!
Old 02-02-2020, 08:33 AM
Banned

I feel an argument could easily be made that p99s timeline ends before the sleeper is awakened thus giving the justification to keep resetting it every so often.
Old 02-02-2020, 08:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just play on Green. There will be a sleeper every 3 years.
My weak casual ass who plays maybe 4 hours per week can't handle the Green demanding play time requirements. I have no desire to play EQ like a full-time job at this point of my life.

For the hordes of people like me, making the Sleeper unreleasable on Blue would make perfect sense.

It's already the slighty less classic, more QoL-enabled server, that perfectly suits casual scum like myself.

People who want to experience hardcore competition can enjoy fighting over ST every 3 years on Green iterations.

Ultimately, what matters is the vision of N&R. And what I'm saying could make perfect sense from their standpoint.
Old 02-02-2020, 09:08 AM
Aviak

Are not sleeper just a imposible to kill mob? Just remember this from old times.
Sycopata (Troll Warrior) 65 Clan Odisea -Solusek Ro
Old 02-02-2020, 09:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycopata666 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are not sleeper just a imposible to kill mob? Just remember this from old times.
There are 4 sleepers and once they are all killed it awakes the sleeper and he kills everyone inside sleepers tomb and in his path when he flies around.

If the sleepers get reset, it will bring people back cause they will just rewake it.
Closed Thread