Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

*shrug* I'm just saying, if you didn't compete with a guild you didn't see drama. That's the only way it never happened.

If you were doing Kunark content in Luclin then yes, you probably didn't see any competition or drama.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:22 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*shrug* I'm just saying, if you didn't compete with a guild you didn't see drama. That's the only way it never happened.

If you were doing Kunark content in Luclin then yes, you probably didn't see any competition or drama.
We competed with the top guilds on the server, those guilds being Paradigm and Magna Carta we seen drama of course, to this extent? Never.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Banned

This isn't even that bad lol
Old 02-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Aviak

Just saying on Sol Ro I don't recall guilds ever Leap frogging or Training eachother. Maybe once or twice and in those cases said guilds even helped CR eachother and moved on. I raided everything from original through plain of time as they came out. Like I said maybe the greifing comes from pvp servers or other servers that didn't have guild leaders that got along so well. The amount of drama I have seen here has surpassed almost every game I have played.

Then again maybe I'm just lucky enough to have avoided the drama in the passed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Banned

Yeah, extremely lucky.

I played on the nameless and this is tame.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfighter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most of us are here because of the nostalgia and just want to kill some old bosses together.
This I can get down with. I totally agree, nostalgia is why I'm here. The level of thought and care that went into a game of this level is worth experiencing again. The fact that the low pop makes it far easier to be in the top tier is comforting to someone like me, a softcore carebear compared to the glorious and intrepid warriors of the past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfighter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
except it's 11 years later, it does not make any senses anymore (no glory in killing that stuff anymore, it's all figured out).
I just don't understand how this is coming from the same person that spoke fondly of nostalgia. If you ever played everquest, you know that knowing the strategies is only half the battle. You have to actually marshall the proper resources to make those strategies realities and thusly attain glory despite your poo-pooing. If you're feelin' froggy, then by all means leap! Terrified, alone, in the plane of hate - if not properly prepared, you will very soon be left with the most classic aspect of this game, emulated perfectly here:

LOADING.. PLEASE WAIT.
Quote:
What would be a real hypothesis you might consider pretentious is that i think some of them somehow failed at being good at something IRL and saw a second chance when p1999 opened because they were probably bragging around during these last 5-9 years about how hard eq was and how good they were at it.
This gets my vote for most ridiculous run-on sentence ever. I think some of you somehow failed at being good at something IRL called skool.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Aviak

I know people that bring home 6 figures and never passed the tenth grade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Oh wait back on topic, nostalgia, bosses, drama, training, competition and all that shit, yeah let the good times roll...
Old 02-10-2010, 12:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This gets my vote for most ridiculous run-on sentence ever. I think some of you somehow failed at being good at something IRL called skool.
How many tongues can you speak as well i speak english ?
That's right, it's not my natal tongue. I suggest YOU go back to skool or at least take a bit more time to think about you're saying before stating such things.

edit: thank dabamf
Last edited by Soulfighter; 02-10-2010 at 03:03 PM..
Old 02-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
How many tongues can you speak as good i speak english ?
well
Old 02-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just don't understand how this is coming from the same person that spoke fondly of nostalgia. If you ever played everquest, you know that knowing the strategies is only half the battle. You have to actually marshall the proper resources to make those strategies realities and thusly attain glory despite your poo-pooing. If you're feelin' froggy, then by all means leap! Terrified, alone, in the plane of hate - if not properly prepared, you will very soon be left with the most classic aspect of this game, emulated perfectly here:

LOADING.. PLEASE WAIT.
QFT

If you feel that you cannot acheive glory in this game just because it is old, then you are not playing it right.

Anytime you are deep in a dungeon with a small group (or solo, or even in a raid)...and you are balanced on the razor's edge as the battle ebbs and flows...and it begins to look bleak.

And then, through perserverance or a desperate change of strategy or sheer luck, the tide begins to slowly turn. You then begin to hope that just maybe...just maybe...you (and your close-knit team that is now operating like a machine) might just pull it off.

And you do.

That's where the glory is. It doesn't matter if the game is 10 or 100 years old. Glory is glory. Even in a dumb old computer game.
Closed Thread