Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 09:25 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaaaflow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
reading comprehension much?

i'll make it clearer for you since you don't seem to understand what my post was about.

Please put thex dagger back since we couldn't get it because it was bugged , thank you.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:30 PM
Sarnak

What was broken about the quest? Aeolwind says the quest had not been changed between June and Feb 14th, which would imply to me that the quest was working ok, not that it was magically repaired on Feb 7th and then removed on Feb 14th.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:58 PM
Banned

I got my dagger a month ago or so. It has at least been working for 1 month.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:43 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh wait, never mind this is his first post...

/ignore

I have one. ill show it to you.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:44 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfighter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i'll make it clearer for you since you don't seem to understand what my post was about.

Please put thex dagger back since we couldn't get it because it was bugged , thank you.
It wasnt broken, you just werent using your head to get it. I know about 25 daggers on the server because said people kept it quiet. The chance was ON PAR to when they changed the quest to the shield of the silent watch.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Belmont [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It wasnt broken, you just werent using your head to get it. I know about 25 daggers on the server because said people kept it quiet. The chance was ON PAR to when they changed the quest to the shield of the silent watch.
This could be true , but I highly doubt there are 25.

Tyranna only dropped the container 1 in 5 on a 25 minute spawn. So that's 24 hours it had to be camped. I logged my character there. And Only 1 time did I find someone else had killed her. I also checked and Gronar was up for 3 of the 4 weeks the quest was working. I don't believe there are 25, could be but I really doubt it.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:05 PM
Orc

Goodness... there's so much misinfo regarding this thing that it's impossible to know what really was what. It's especially interesting considering most of the other extremely rare old world items have meanwhile been farmed to the extreme.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrich [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This could be true , but I highly doubt there are 25.

Tyranna only dropped the container 1 in 5 on a 25 minute spawn. So that's 24 hours it had to be camped. I logged my character there. And Only 1 time did I find someone else had killed her. I also checked and Gronar was up for 3 of the 4 weeks the quest was working. I don't believe there are 25, could be but I really doubt it.
25 is conservative. There are probably more, but I think thats off the point though. This item is still extremely rare and out of the game now. Its worth a fortune.
Last edited by Simon Belmont; 02-16-2010 at 01:13 PM..
Old 02-16-2010, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

I'm a little confused as to how all these different people decided to do the
"Shield of the Silent Watch" (otherwise known as Princess Lenya) quest to get a Thex Dagger, that's all.

Was the Silent Watch Shield shield obtainable during this time or was the quest incorrectly giving the dagger as a reward? Also, it it true then that only a paladin would have been able to do this quest? (Or at the very least only a paladin would have even started the quest chain due to the reward expected reward).

The reason I ask is because back in the day anyone could do the quest, in fact it was easiest to do if you were a druid or wizzy.

Can anyone at least confirm that all classes were able to do this quest which resulted in the dagger instead of the shield or at least clarify it for me?

(Also, I do believe that you have the dagger, proof is not required. My apologies.)
Old 02-16-2010, 01:54 PM
Banned

Yes all classes could do the quest, I did faction work , but they changed it so the faction wasn't such an issue. <This was in a patch note also.
Not sure cause I had the faction at ally.

The quest was broken in 3 different spots that I petitioned and they got fixed. It was about 2 months of debugging than 1 month of it working in game.

The devs stated about 3 months ago that the Thex Dagger was the reward instead of the shield of the silent watch for the silent watch quest. Sucked because I thought everyone would do it once they said that on the forums.

Yes this is not the original quest for the dagger i know. But if that quest was in the server would have 500 thex daggers instead of the 25 or so that are presumed.
Closed Thread