Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 01:02 PM
Large Bat

Default Education around Endgame, 46 Shaman

Hello there, I am completely new to endgame. I recently leveled 46, my highest yet, and I am sick of CoM. I understand I now qualify for end game, upon doing some research I got a bit overwhelmed. I was hoping someone could answer some questions in order to help me better understand. I have very mediocre gear, iksar Shaman, and a great guild - I just got on their Discord channel.

1) Which armor set should I go for first, and how difficult is it to obtain? I discussed with a guild member Kael, yet my understanding is that you can obtain Thurgadin armor through Kael...but not the Kael armor, Kael armor is in Veeshan, the hell?

2) Does one start with faction high enough to obtain the Thurgadin armor quest, or do I need to farm? If so, where?

3) Shaman's role in raids? (If not, can do some digging in the forums)

4) Whats up with the "necklace" or "tooth" of cobalt scar? Can someone provide education around where to obtain this?

5) In regards to Velious, where should I start and what do I need to know? Should I just go right for the Thurgadin armor? Its quite an upgrade.

6) Any other advice from gear, to dungeons, or anything else relevant, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 11-23-2020, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.georgee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello there, I am completely new to endgame. I recently leveled 46, my highest yet, and I am sick of CoM. I understand I now qualify for end game, upon doing some research I got a bit overwhelmed. I was hoping someone could answer some questions in order to help me better understand. I have very mediocre gear, iksar Shaman, and a great guild - I just got on their Discord channel.

1) Which armor set should I go for first, and how difficult is it to obtain? I discussed with a guild member Kael, yet my understanding is that you can obtain Thurgadin armor through Kael...but not the Kael armor, Kael armor is in Veeshan, the hell?

2) Does one start with faction high enough to obtain the Thurgadin armor quest, or do I need to farm? If so, where?

3) Shaman's role in raids? (If not, can do some digging in the forums)

4) Whats up with the "necklace" or "tooth" of cobalt scar? Can someone provide education around where to obtain this?

5) In regards to Velious, where should I start and what do I need to know? Should I just go right for the Thurgadin armor? Its quite an upgrade.

6) Any other advice from gear, to dungeons, or anything else relevant, I would greatly appreciate it.
1. Thurgadin easiest to obtain. Kael armor is hardest to obtain because it isn't heavily farmed, and Skyshrine armor is easier to obtain than Kael. Skyshrine has better overall stats but kael has more AC and looks way cooler as well, although Shaman Skyshrine is pretty legit fashion.

2. You need kindly for Thurgadin armor with Coldain faction(con the roaming dorfs near thurgadin to confirm faction). Kill giants/dire wolves to do this, research Coldain faction wiki on where you'd like to hunt, GD/EW are common places. Or get in a ring war in GD or plate cycle in Kael to get factioned quick. Skyshrine/Kael need ally faction with Claws of Veeshan/Kromzek.

3. Torpor/buffs. Get 60 asap.

4. Cobalt scar tooth also acts as the GD & WL tooth. Get a port iceclad, find a druid to run you to CS that can click through skyshrine to get CS tooth.

5. Go for Thurg, the rest wait until you start raiding more heavily or acquire a ton of money to buy the MQs.

6. Shaman pretty straightforward. Just keep leveling up, hole groups will be easy for you to get 50+ with. I'd probably do LOIO bloodgills at your level to hit 51 then try heading to KC/hole.
Last edited by Crede; 11-23-2020 at 01:25 PM..
Old 11-23-2020, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.georgee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I discussed with a guild member Kael, yet my understanding is that you can obtain Thurgadin armor through Kael...but not the Kael armor, Kael armor is in Veeshan, the hell?
The faction armor is named for the cities where the quests are based from: Thurgadin armor quests are from Thurgadin, Kael armor is based in Kael Drakkel, and so forth. Usually the components drop in an opposing-faction zone, hence why the pieces for the Thurgadin armor drop in their enemies' city (Kael). As a rule most guilds will be positive faction to Thurgadin and Skyshrine so those are the sets you will most likely have access to.

Level 46 isn't really end-game level, it's more like entry level for the lowest-level planar raids. If your guild does Plane of Growth that provides the option for another armor set of equivalent to Thurgadin armor in quality.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 11-23-2020 at 01:54 PM..
Old 11-23-2020, 02:04 PM
Sarnak

Word of advice. Don't go into the planes until you have enough XP in your level to recover from a few deaths. If you drop below 46 you cannot re-enter to recover your corpse and there is no safe entrance area.
Old 11-23-2020, 02:15 PM
Sarnak

Also for the CS tooth. You can just ask a Wizard for a TL to CS and then pickup the tooth. No need for a druid port and running around.
Old 11-23-2020, 02:27 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Thurgadin easiest to obtain. Kael armor is hardest to obtain because it isn't heavily farmed, and Skyshrine armor is easier to obtain than Kael. Skyshrine has better overall stats but kael has more AC and looks way cooler as well, although Shaman Skyshrine is pretty legit fashion.

2. You need kindly for Thurgadin armor with Coldain faction(con the roaming dorfs near thurgadin to confirm faction). Kill giants/dire wolves to do this, research Coldain faction wiki on where you'd like to hunt, GD/EW are common places. Or get in a ring war in GD or plate cycle in Kael to get factioned quick. Skyshrine/Kael need ally faction with Claws of Veeshan/Kromzek.

3. Torpor/buffs. Get 60 asap.

4. Cobalt scar tooth also acts as the GD & WL tooth. Get a port iceclad, find a druid to run you to CS that can click through skyshrine to get CS tooth.

5. Go for Thurg, the rest wait until you start raiding more heavily or acquire a ton of money to buy the MQs.

6. Shaman pretty straightforward. Just keep leveling up, hole groups will be easy for you to get 50+ with. I'd probably do LOIO bloodgills at your level to hit 51 then try heading to KC/hole.

Thank you for the responses. Is it worth going to Velious now to farm rep as a level 46, or, farm Bloodgill, get into Kael raid groups on side, get the equip for the quest, once I have ingredients then farm up the faction?
Old 11-23-2020, 05:12 PM
Banned

have fun in raids when u have to buff 15 different things to everyone
Old 11-23-2020, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondrake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also for the CS tooth. You can just ask a Wizard for a TL to CS and then pickup the tooth. No need for a druid port and running around.
Tls bypass the tooth requirement? You learn something new everyday
Old 11-23-2020, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Thank you for the responses. Is it worth going to Velious now to farm rep as a level 46, or, farm Bloodgill, get into Kael raid groups on side, get the equip for the quest, once I have ingredients then farm up the faction?
I’d bind in gd. And do your xp thing. Do who all great divide every 10 min or so if you see a shitload of people there then gate over and start tagging giants with low spell/melee following the raid around to get faction quick.
Old 11-23-2020, 07:44 PM
Planar Protector

Focus on HP gear and save your pp for expensive spells, epic.

Try to find a good monk and duo with them. Best exp I found as shaman was duo until I got epic then I just solod.
Closed Thread