Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2020, 06:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think Teppler is saying the church runs these countries or anything like that, rather the church's soft influence shapes the morality of the country... Right T?
Yeah I think I explained that exact point pretty well in my last post.
Old 01-01-2020, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah good, at least sometimes i get a read on you right [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 01-01-2020, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You raise a good point on what ARE Christian values? You think a message of love and respect would be simple but there have been so many schisms. Orthodox, catholic, protestant, hell even atheistic christianity?
The idea that there is a single unified Judeo-Christian value system that has ever existed in the history of western civilization is just a myth spread by various rightwing evangelists like Ben Shapiro and Jordan Peterson.
Old 01-01-2020, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think that soft power of the church is really important. There seems to be a critical mass where christian values can be encouraged as the social norm, even in those who never had or renounced their theism.

I know many who were raised as Christians, but lost their faith but still ascribe value to a core message of the New Testament (love ... )

I guess it's like those kids who lose their faith in santa but still strive to be nice rather than naughty.
Old 01-01-2020, 06:14 PM
Banned

When you think about it, what Christian values does your society run by? Name em. I think you'll be hard pressed.
Old 01-01-2020, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The idea that there is a single unified Judeo-Christian value system that has ever existed in the history of western civilization is just a myth spread by various rightwing evangelists like Ben Shapiro and Jordan Peterson.
It's so much fun when my mother in law comes to church in England. Her father was an orthodox priest in Lesvos. Pretty much everything that happens in the church has her muttering "heresia" in Greek under her breath. It's a good job she didn't have the English language skill to recognise the point to announce objections in the wedding ceremony!

Apparently pipe organs are particularly heretical. I always imagine her head over those "what heresy is this?!" warhammer memes.
Old 01-01-2020, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
When you think about it, what Christian values does your society run by? Name em. I think you'll be hard pressed.
Supporting girls and women that fall pregnant outside of wedlock?
Old 01-01-2020, 06:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
I like your song and dance. Lol[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-01-2020, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I just misunderstood you then. It seemed you were arguing being atheist is anathema to morality on every level. My apologies if you weren't intended to be so absolute.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-01-2020, 06:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
You raise a good point on what ARE Christian values? You think a message of love and respect would be simple but there have been so many schisms. Orthodox, catholic, protestant, hell even atheistic christianity?
Anti degeneracy, anti usury, fear of god. Try that for starters. We fail on all accounts.
Closed Thread