Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 09:09 PM
Fire Giant

I gave the beta a shot and I couldn't get into it. The main problem I had was the shrunken number of noob to teen level mobs in Midgard and Hibernia locations. I completely understand that that it's hard for devs to get the right numbers when they either didn't level up several characters in a faction region set, or don't have iron clad documentation of mob sites and what was available back in 2000.

Still, it felt lame that while I absolutely remember correct numbers of mobs in early locations, it's another thing to provide documentation and at the end of the day that's all the devs can rely and trust in. So... it's like I'm forced to play Albion for something close to authentic or just shrug and accept Hib and Mid being more sparse for mobs.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxHound [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mid for life tho
I'd rather play Midgard but it's going to be the most populated realm so we are going Albion.

Not having targets to pvp at 50 will be boring.

Also burt is midgard and we hate burt.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd rather play Midgard but it's going to be the most populated realm so we are going Albion.

Not having targets to pvp at 50 will be boring.

Also burt is midgard and we hate burt.
Dunno who that is? I am probably going to play Hib. My IRL friend wants to play there. He has firmly planted his dick in a stump.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Have character models ever been updated for this, or can I just google the races and see what they look like? Thinking Iconnu look best on the doc website. Are some of those races new, or will all of them be on this emu? Also, is end game pvp only or do they have other nifty things to do like craft or high level group content. Don't particularly care about raiding. Don't need that many people to have fun :3
Old 12-09-2016, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Warm body for hire. I've only played Hibernia. Willing to go wherever

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have character models ever been updated for this, or can I just google the races and see what they look like? Thinking Iconnu look best on the doc website. Are some of those races new, or will all of them be on this emu? Also, is end game pvp only or do they have other nifty things to do like craft or high level group content. Don't particularly care about raiding. Don't need that many people to have fun :3
There's world raid bosses and a deeply autistic crafting system for you to immerse yourself in.

You can switch between classic and catacombs player models.

End game is mostly Realm vs. Realm combat though.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:53 PM
Banned

Playing DAOC in 2017 is going to be retarded – more so than EQ
Old 12-09-2016, 02:46 PM
Sarnak

DAoC is fun but once you hit about lvl 35 its a way bigger grind fest than EQ is.

Also the lack of dungeon uniqueness is mind-numbing. There's a new dungeon for you every 5 or so levels yet its either a cave or a tomb, same graphics in the end game dungeon as the lvl 10 dungeon.

RvR battle grounds was fun tho
Old 12-09-2016, 03:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DAOC plays like what it is: an Everquest derivative made at a fraction of the budget (less depth to the world), where the end-game is focused on faction Player vs player battles (8 vs 8 in particular, for their version of high-end) instead of multi-group player-vs-environment content like EQ. It HAS PvE content, and a fair amount of it, but that isn't likely to hold a player long-term if said player is accustomed to EQ. The PvP zones are separate from the leveling zones, so folks who want to level in peace can do so, however once in the PvP zones it's very much open-world. It's an older game, without a great deal of the hand-holding which characterizes newer games. Folks bored with P99 but who prefer something broadly similar might be well-served to give it a look.

Danth
there's plenty of pvp zones where you can exp to say they are separate is incorrect. one whole zone dedicated to pve/pvp -- darkness falls. let alone the other places you can level and pvp.
Old 12-09-2016, 05:03 PM
Banned

I loved DAoC but the PVE is so terrible I can't imagine ever playing on a emu server. If I want to pvp there are way better options these days. Getting gank stun locked and PBAOE killed is all that server will be
Closed Thread