Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2020, 12:37 AM
Planar Protector

If you define a static spawn as a mob that doesn’t roam, then no, HGs aren’t static. Each HG does have one spawn point, though, and no placeholders; so you can sit at one spawn point and camp it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can camp a single Hill Giant if that's the only one you are clearing. You must near that spawn, not kill any other Hill Giants, and engage shortly after spawn (before it starts to roam).
Old 01-29-2020, 12:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can someone give me a tl;dr? Are they FTE or what?
Yes, FTE
Old 01-29-2020, 12:58 AM
Kobold

That's pretty much what I meant Videri….on p99 all hill giants have specific spawn points, but with seconds of spawning they will start pathing around, or attacking npcs. I always got a kick out of watching them wipe out those silly guards up on top of the hill.
Old 01-29-2020, 12:59 AM
Planar Protector

What? the HGs don't have PHs on P99?
Old 01-29-2020, 01:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What? the HGs don't have PHs on P99?
I guess not. People saying that the lizardmen and basalisks and shit aren't on the same spawn table, so there are only like 7 that can ever spawn instead of the potential for many being up.
Old 01-29-2020, 04:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess not. People saying that the lizardmen and basalisks and shit aren't on the same spawn table, so there are only like 7 that can ever spawn instead of the potential for many being up.
Uh, so is there any way we can get an acutal confirmation as to what the actual heck is going on on our server with the placeholders and spawn tables? I've read old allakhazam posts or whatnot saying that all the low level fodder there serve as giant placeholders so I've been killing those in the hopes of getting more to spawn but then people are saying they aren't placeholders and killing them doesn't matter so wtf??????
Old 01-29-2020, 04:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From the sounds of it, thee might be too many spawning actually. The HG are supposed ALL have PHs and they just have a moderate chance of spawning a HG when killed . If the HGs dont have Ps then they always spawn HGs, and that's wrong.
Old 01-29-2020, 04:50 AM
Kobold

Its actually far to few spawning, 7 static spawn locations instead of all of the lizardman bears basilisk giant skellys cyclops drakes (and their named) being a ph for hill giants. They have no ph right now, those 7 locations always spawn a hill giant, where as they should be on same spawn table as the other mobs with chance at having 15-20 up (or more)
Old 01-29-2020, 04:52 AM
Planar Protector

I don't have any evidence myself. Haven't camped rathe mtns HGs in years on blue and never on green. Just repeating what I've seen discussed on the forums.

As far as too many, or not enough, I'm not sure. Sounds like now it's 7 spawns that always spawn as HGs instead of X number of spawns that can spawn as HG, or cyclops, or lizard, or basaslisk like it was believed to be on live. I don't remember where I saw it discussed here on the forums, but if it was a bug thread, then there is a chance it will be corrected if sufficient evidence was provided.
Old 01-29-2020, 05:26 AM
Planar Protector

7 100% spawns are a lot better than 12 30-35% chance spawns.
Closed Thread