Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 11:44 AM
Sarnak

Default "Too far away to loot this corpse."

Still being a young player, one thing I do is salvage corpses of monsters other players leave to rot. Every now and then, I will get the message about being too far away to loot this corpse even though I am within the lattice of graphics. While I have not had an issue with my own kills, I seem to have this subtle issue.

Not a complaint, but just an observation that I am unsure if I should file as a "bug". Anyone get this error?

Thanks!
Old 07-02-2015, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

So....I admit. I did this too and NO ONE EVER said anything to me, however... Looting a corpse in which you didn't kill is called Ninja Looting.

I suggest you don't do it.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

I've had this happen. Sometimes the 'hitbox' for looting is offset somewhat from the actual corpse graphics. I've found it to be intermittent but especially prominent when on hillsides.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 07-02-2015, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

I had this problem while kiting with levitate on but it was kinda easy to navigate with page up & down to get it working & /loot
Old 07-02-2015, 01:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So....I admit. I did this too and NO ONE EVER said anything to me, however... Looting a corpse in which you didn't kill is called Ninja Looting.

I suggest you don't do it.
No it isn't. Ninja looting is when you sneak up and snag significant loot from a mob. Usually if a mob has rolled over to let people who didn't get kill credit loot it then nothing of value to the killer remains on the corpse.

I do strongly suggest asking if there is anyone nearby killing things before looting but if it is just a dead thing in the middle of no where don't worry about snagging the left overs because whoever killed it doesn't care anymore.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

This usually happens on hills. It's a known issue. Avoiding killing things on hills.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:35 PM
Kobold

This happens when the mob dies at a large distance from you. You'll observe the corpse in one location, but someone who was nearer when the mob died will see it at a different location. If you relog, the mob's corpse will appear in the correct location, allowing you to loot the corpse.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:38 PM
Kobold

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh....php?p=1960728
Closed Thread