Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

Your repeated deaths was the game's way of telling you to be in kunark.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Pipip, I really enjoyed reading that!

The other day, I ran from Firiona Vie to Erudin without SoW (mostly - I got one once but wasted most of it sitting on a boat), Invis, or Levitate, visiting Dagnor's Cauldron and Unrest along the way. Didn't die, but that's because I was a level 20 high elf and have a ton of experience running cross-country through Norrath. I would not try this as an Iksar under 20, especially without a bind somewhere along the way.

In conclusion, the local newbie area is the place to be if you're a newbie and/or can't remember a lot about the game. Never get yourself into more trouble than you can drag your corpse out of. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-09-2015, 01:18 PM
Sarnak

Pipip, That was an excellent caution tale for any young Iksar!
Old 05-09-2015, 04:46 PM
Kobold

While all Kunark mobs drop coin, it's pretty small potatoes compared to what you can make from selling bone chips, spider/spiderling silks to players or doing turn-ins for greater lightstones. Hanging around in Kunark makes it pretty hard to fill in spells as you level up in my experience. Picking up in the 20s doesn't do any good when it impedes the progress to 20 in the first place.
Old 05-09-2015, 05:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having returned to the game just a couple of weeks ago, here is my recent (Warning: long but true) ordeal traveling to the old world as an iksar monk at level 8, attracted by thoughts of money and gear:

This post is so classic. I love it.

Blue
: Seniksin | Jarshale
Red: Sieg | Cazissa
Old 05-09-2015, 05:24 PM
Banned

Great read!
Old 05-09-2015, 08:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[snipped]
15. I look up a map of the Dreadlands and plan my route home. I’m looking for Frontier Mountains. At this point, a habit that I’ve developed as an iksar kicks in – I forage for food. It’s a great tool for the cheap. Only I didn’t realize, forage breaks invis. I’m really not good with invis. I ask the afk druid for an invis, but I get no reply.
[snipped
Good story but just in case you haven't figured it out since, foraging doesn't break invis. Invis fades on its own randomly (with a short warning message) as well as being broken by fighting, trading, casting, etc., but you can forage all you like.

It's stuff like this why I don't take rides to places I haven't been on my own yet. I always go the hard way at least the first time.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:04 PM
Kobold

Ah, it's my only character with forage, and I got the "you are starting to appear" message immediately after my forage, so I guessed my forage did it. I haven't bothered with invis since then, so good to know
Old 05-10-2015, 04:21 AM
Planar Protector

`Kill giants at the fort in WW as soon as you can`

thats hardly the starting game....

quite clear this thread is about lvls 1-20.

crushbone is where you make monies at low lvl.[belts/pads] banking is tricky tho for iksar...

I would not want to leave kunark before feign death skill. will just be deeply frustrating!

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Old 05-10-2015, 06:15 AM
Kobold

[QUOTE=Pipip;1886288]
She says “good luck…” which I take as an ominous portent, but it prompts me to caution.
QUOTE]

This is brilliant. Iksar leaving kunark without FD (monk and necro) if gonna find it hard.

On the other hand, I shop out of Paineel as heretic faction is pretty easy to get.

<Infernus> Oceanic Guild of Champions
Closed Thread