Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 06:29 AM
Fire Giant

Default 10th Ringwar happening today 10am US eastern(28 aug)

Omni and friends will be attempting the 10th ringwar today at 10am eastern US time.

That means that the Great Divide zone will be depopped...no exp there for a couple of hours. It also means that if we fail, Thurgadin will be full of giants for two or so hours.

In addition to the giants, there will be dwarves all over the zone - so if you are KoS to the dwarves, watch out. They will want to eat you.

If you get caught in the crossfire, we'll rez you.

If you manage to get aggro on a giant, PLEASE do not train toward Thurgadin. If even a single giant makes it to Thurgadin, the event is over. Please run SOUTH down the river and we'll try to pick it offa you. Worst case is we rez you.

I'm torn on inviting people to the event. I'd rather not have 300 people in the zone and desynch it. But I'm also unwilling to turn people away who are:

1) Good players
2) Can follow instructions
3) Show up for the sole purpose of helping out

The loot, should we succeed, will be distributed after the raid and really shouldn't be a motivator. I'm not sure how the distribution will go. I'll make that determination later today.

PM me here if you have questions.

Sorry for the pending disruption to the GD zone. It's one of those Velious things. And it's one of the most fun EQ events EVER.

This event was kinda buggy on Beta, so I expect some hiccups today. Some of the problems have been fixed, apparently, but I really don't know what to expect.

Cloki - Lead Hippie, OMNI
Old 08-28-2015, 06:32 AM
Planar Protector

WILL BE THERE IF i DON'T FALL ASLEEP IN THE NEXT 3 HOURS

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 08-28-2015, 06:34 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PL service
Old 08-28-2015, 06:38 AM
Planar Protector

Also, might want to make sure someone is recording it or have a GM/guide present in case something bugs out. Each time I did it on beta it was bugged.

PL service
Old 08-28-2015, 07:00 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah - plan to have it frapsed. Sent an alert to Sirken. Will try to find a guide in-game before it starts.

If anyone can fraps it (who is reading this thread), please do. The more angles we have, the better.

Old 08-28-2015, 07:00 AM
Planar Protector

If I am up will stream it on twitch. No guarantee though 4 am here!

PL service
Old 08-28-2015, 07:28 AM
Planar Protector

Good luck. We had upwards of 70 members attending the war on beta and we would still regularly fall behind on kills in waves 2/3.

At a 10AM Weekday spawn I hope you can muster more than 70 or so.

The experience we had was that the Giants would fall through the world when pushed on slopes similar to sky. One of the obvious ways to avoid this was limiting the coldain armies involvement but if you hold them back too long you will find you don't have the DPS to keep up with waves.

What failed us the last two times was a south spawn that walks from the east to the river and charges up the river. Think of these like the Uruk Hai from the Lord of the Rings, Two Towers with the torch. Once they reach the river they will break into a full run towards Thurg and almost nothing will stop them from running to get there. If this happens you basically have already lost. From spawn to their run usually only took 2~ minutes or so too.

Also your suggestion to run south if you aggro a giant is fruitless. These mobs will not follow regular aggro patterns. You cannot kite them. If they don't have a PC or NPC in melee range and they aren't snared or rooted, they continue walking their path to Thurgadin. Even if you're nuking them down.

Nothing allows you to kite them around, they won't be bothered with you until you're standing at their feet hitting them. There was a bug on beta where if the giant broke into a run even standing at their feet and hitting them wouldn't stop them. I don't believe that was ever resolved.
Last edited by Daldaen; 08-28-2015 at 07:32 AM..
Old 08-28-2015, 07:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also your suggestion to run south if you aggro a giant is fruitless. These mobs will not follow regular aggro patterns. You cannot kite them. If they don't have a PC or NPC in melee range and they aren't snared or rooted, they continue walking their path to Thurgadin. Even if you're nuking them down.
If I recall correctly, the giants are pretty fast. If someone runs to thrug to zone, the giant will be chasing him faster than his usual walk. I don't expect the giant to chase him south, but running south will avoid the problem of a near-SoW-ed giant moving at near-SoW speed to Thurg. He'll go at his normal pace rather than a sprint.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:25 AM
Planar Protector

Nah, Giants do not chase at all.

If you get out of their melee range they will ignore you and continue on their pathing.

In certain points in their pathing the Giants break into a run. Typically this occurs when a wave reaches the river at which point they cut north and break into a sprint. This is especially problematic for that Southeast spawn because of how close the spawn is in proximity to the river.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:31 AM
Fire Giant

Good to know. Thanks. I'm getting a little nervous about all of this [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Closed Thread