Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 03:21 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-19-2018, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

I think you're both nicer than people give you credit for.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you're both nicer than people give you credit for.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:12 PM
Kobold

I'm afraid the message went over my head, but I enjoyed the stories for their entertainment value and decent writing quality. I'm sad you aren't going to do any more.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moerne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm afraid the message went over my head, but I enjoyed the stories for their entertainment value and decent writing quality. I'm sad you aren't going to do any more.
I will if I can get a separate forum. I thought about things recently and RnF isn't the best place. Nor is any other forum for this sort of stuff really. I'd rather do stories that are a bit longer than trying to put a message within shorter segments that gets lost.

Something like Roleplay or RP Storytelling
Old 08-20-2018, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

I picked up on it but if the SATs are any indication, I'm stupid good at critical reading. Most people are dumb.

Hope this helps!
Old 08-20-2018, 09:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I picked up on it but if the SATs are any indication, I'm stupid good at critical reading. Most people are dumb.

Hope this helps!
It does; it means I can be a little more overt without ruining the story
Old 08-20-2018, 09:32 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I've always found this quote helpful. I have a tendency to use inappropriate connotations in situations where the word still works because I like how you can peoples' brains reboot when they hear the "wrong" word. I probably do that more when I'm speaking, but I do it here also because it amuses me. I also like to share stories from particularly crazy periods of my life to subtly tie it into current conversation.

In almost all circumstances, my audience focuses their attention on the more extreme part of the story or hurr you used the wrong word instead of the point I was trying to make. I chalk that up equally to my own weakness as a writer and my audiences' want of reading ability. Subtly is hard to do is the point I'm trying to make here. It is hard to use subtle language to get your point across. And finally, your audience will probably miss any subtly in your stories if you don't do it especially well.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:34 PM
Banned

I don't feel good about philosophical quotes in an erotica thread.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

It's not philosophy. It's straight up advice. Erotica is something I meant to mention in that rant. Your subtext is going to be lost just by the extreme genre you're choosing to write it with. Which I also thought was a good thing in a way because you can relentlessly criticize anyone publicly and you're guaranteed only a fraction of people will read it and fewer still will care. But if you're hoping to get an important message to a wide audience, know your audience first.
Closed Thread