Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-10-2018, 06:31 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default One character randomly crashing when zoning

I've been having issues with one of my characters randomly crashing when attempting to zone anywhere, whether walking into a zone normally, porting, or the initial zone in after selecting a character. What's strange is this issue only occurs on my. The issue started two days ago and over the past two days I have tried doing the following to fix the issue:
  • Using WinEQ 2.0
  • Using EQEmu
  • Launching the standard P1999 shortcut
  • Clearing out all the UI files for my characters
  • Changing all the .EXE files to run in compatibility mode as Windows XP SP3
  • Running everything as administrator
  • Using either a wired or wireless internet connection
  • Turning on/off '/log'
  • Rolling back GPU drivers
  • Reinstalling EQ/P1999
  • Disabling the loading screens
  • Doing everything above on a separate computer
  • Resetting my modem/router
  • Doing a full system restore/install of Windows 10

The crashes are also not always the same. Sometimes the game may stop responding, sometimes the game will throw me back to the login screen, and sometimes it seems the game zones continuously (game is responding, but seems to be zoning for almost 20 minutes and I just decide to force close it. If I waiting longer maybe it would of zoned).

When zoning is successful it either takes only a few seconds to zone (which is the norm), sometimes it takes around 3 minutes, then also 2 other times where it has taken about 10 minutes.

When reviewing the debug log file 'TIMED OUT WAITING FOR MY EQPlayer (in GetZoneInfoFromNetwork())!!' tends to come up when the crashes occur.

Does anyone know what this issue could be?
Old 11-11-2018, 12:57 AM
Decaying Skeleton

After zoning and porting numerous times in a row the issue seems to be fixed and it was related to the modem/router. I reference my debug log file with older posts on the daybreak forums and people seemed to have fix this similar issue simply by resetting their modem/router. Even though I already tried that earlier, this time I tried it again and left the modem/router off for about 10 minutes.

So if anyone else is having trouble with a character randomly crashing while zoning, try turning off your modem/router for awhile. Not just a quick restart, but unplug it and leave it off for a bit. Then try plugging it back in and see if the issue is resolved. I do not know why this fixed the problem, but it definitely seems to be resolved.