Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 10-21-2022, 05:41 PM
Kobold

Default Power leveling should be banned

it is really annoying to see people cheating at the game and not putting in the blood, sweat, and tears to get their levels....especially hate seeing bards running around with the entire zone's mobs while 3-4 guildies sit there as part of the group and just do nothing.

this style of play abuses the intent/spirit of the game if not the mechanics as well, and not to mention extremely disruptive to everyone else who wants to play it fair.

get a life you bard losers!!! to paraphrase some of my favorite skeletons out there...

"I really hate Bards like you"
Old 10-21-2022, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Bards were already nerfed, be glad you didn't play then. Hope that helps.
Old 10-21-2022, 06:01 PM
Fire Giant

it is really annoying to see people cheating at the game and not putting in the blood, sweat, and tears to get their levels....especially hate seeing druids running around with the entire zone's mobs while 3-4 guildies sit there as part of the group and just do nothing.

this style of play abuses the intent/spirit of the game if not the mechanics as well, and not to mention extremely disruptive to everyone else who wants to play it fair.

get a life you bard losers!!! to paraphrase some of my favorite skeletons out there...

"I really hate druids like you"
Old 10-21-2022, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

I support:

Level requirements on equipment, level requirements on buff effects, and limitations on how quickly people can level.
Old 10-21-2022, 06:30 PM
Banned

Gandalf shouldn’t have plvld the hobbits amirite
Old 10-21-2022, 07:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it is really annoying to see people cheating at the game and not putting in the blood, sweat, and tears to get their levels....especially hate seeing druids running around with the entire zone's mobs while 3-4 guildies sit there as part of the group and just do nothing.

"I really hate druids like you"

to be clear, i'm against power-leveling from anyone, including druids. but at least druids dont take up the entire zone's mobs!

i mean, why play the game if you're just gonna bypass the whole game itself....and no, it isn't just about raiding and those little toys you get in a video game!!!
Old 10-21-2022, 08:31 PM
Kobold

Solid point imo.

Wow. Basically every single raid related argument, actually hits harder when reversed against the power leveling neckbeard cartels.

“They play the game the wrong way! We’re playing it as intended!”

“They're cheating! We’re following the rules!”

“They’re over immersed! We limit our playtime to healthy levels!”
Old 10-21-2022, 08:42 PM
Sarnak

I get fuzzy feelings when I hop on my druid and POTG / Group wolf form lowbies in Kelethin.
Old 10-21-2022, 09:29 PM
Fire Giant

It's not cheating, it's how games from this era function.

In diablo 2, you get game rushed to hell at level 1 and go from 1 - 80 doing hell chaos/baal runs in like 2 hours.

That being said, it STILL takes upwards of 50-100 hours of actual playtime to level some these characters. That's still a tremendous time sink.

Filing this under resolved
Old 10-21-2022, 10:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it is really annoying to see people cheating at the game and not putting in the blood, sweat, and tears to get their levels....especially hate seeing bards running around with the entire zone's mobs while 3-4 guildies sit there as part of the group and just do nothing.

"I really hate Bards like you"
Power leveling is classic AF

Your opinion is bad, and you should feel bad