Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That sounds classic to me! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
100%, that's how it was with the Verant devs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But at the same time, the Verant devs didn't have a bunch of players volunteering to do research on how the Verant devs should write their code either.

Again, NOT saying the devs owe it to us or anything, I'm just saying I think there would be significantly less surprised/negative responses after EVERY decision, if there was a clear criteria.

And I also don't see how it could be bad for the project to have some kind of explicit guiding principles. Again I'm not talking about an explanation of every decision, or a super detailed list that players could use to argue with them ("you didn't fulfill criteria 15.B sub-point 12!").

I'm just suggesting that a paragraph or two somewhere saying "thing X trumps thing Y for us, but thing Y trumps thing Z, and if neither X or Y apply we consider A, B, and C and do out best to get the most of all three" it would probably get a lot of people on the same page with them.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

I think at this point its all bug fixes until launch anyway. They most likely don't have time to make any major content or mechanics adjustments in time for next week, so what we are seeing in beta in that regard is probably what we are getting at least initially.

Correct me if I'm wrong I mostly just browse the player threads not the bug report section to see any official responses.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Staring at the book, no tab targeting, no pet window, no multiple hot bars, no automemm'ing of spell lists, no ducking to interrupt...

These are all things that are meant to be class balancing features in vanilla. Thankfully, many of them will be on p99.

It isn't perfect vanilla-classic, but its a pretty awesome simulated version of classic EQ.
It's not really staring at the book though. Since it's the Velious UI, you can just move the book window so it's like not on the screen much and still see everything around you.
Closed Thread