Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have some faith.
Best quote so far. These devs have not steered us wrong for the past ten years, we should trust them to do the right thing, whatever that may be! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-16-2019, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

I'm still not convinced it will help do anything other than shift the bottleneck one zone over. But if they really want to do it, they probably should just increase the spawn rates of all newbie yard spawns. just low level stuff: bats, rats, decaying skeletons, tadpoles, lizards, etc. Leave everything else with normal respawn times.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is totally game breaking, classic isnt meant to provide you with wow level stuff at this level, you're supposed to be struggling! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You just described an incredibly broken scenario to me lol

At this rate you will be able to get to 20+ in qhills in like 1 days. Just sitting there milling through a spawn as a pet class. Idk this seems like its just not in the spirit of this game to me. Why should we rush through the greenest parts of green?

Edit: Just doesnt really click for me. I mean even with out help this server figured out how to get everyone in full sets of banded before it even launched and it worked. I dont think anyone here needs any help lol
People are freaking out about this for no reason. Rogean has already said that exploitable quest mobs will be handled differently (probably with a normal re-spawn time). For zones like Qeynos Hills which are technically one area's (Surefall Glad) newbie zone in certain parts, you can simply limit the increased re-spawn time to mobs of like level 1-5 (and, of course, make any quest mobs like the rabid wolf that are within that range have a normal re-spawn time as well). Then no one is able to hit level 20+ using a pet to grind instantly re-spawning level 15 mobs.

Relax guys.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

I could get to 20+ grinding instantly re spawning level 15 mobs day 1

"nobody could kill an entire dungeon with one group in less than 5 minuets" someone might say before they saw p99 playing in chardook 8)

Edit: that siad I think the for warnings from the community have sufficed, Im sure it will be chill by launch day in the hills [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

<DMO> gonna be running that zone though watch out if you dont pay them for security money youre gonna get pushed around that's my new foreboding warning lmao
Last edited by Jibartik; 10-16-2019 at 01:22 PM..
Old 10-16-2019, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ok. i'd like see some factual corrections.

Fact is bard npcs that exist in a increased spawn newbie yard are on ~1 min timers. that covers 20 to 34. Some people have reported WK as having increased spawns as well which may be a bug as GM did state WK was not suppose to be increased. WK covers 12 to 20 bard leveling. A group of druids/necros/mages at 34 can start then killing ~1 min guard spawns in several zones, Misty, FP, BB.

Fact Feerott/Qeynos sewer spectres are in zones that have increased spawns. Sewers spectres drop a incredible pre planar rogue dagger as well.

Fact is you can right now log into green beta and make 100pp + an hour killing a level 4 mob that spawns in the same place every ~80 seconds. there are 2 or 3 of these lvl 4 wolf spots in the Hills that's 300pp/hr entering the economy within the first couple minutes of the server being up.

Fact from sun down to sun up Pyzjin will have a 5x more likely chance of spawning due to 5x as many spawns happening. The GBS is an incredibly high value classic item.

Fact Hadden being ~1hr spawn time will be a highly contested spawn. and the FBE which is a high value classic item will flood the server.

Fact several people have reported making 80+pp/hr doing jagged pine crooks.

The influx of low level plat will have a huge impact on the economy of the game. There will be little to spend money on early on but that cash will be horded.

Blacksmiths will make out like bandits because of the amount of plat players will have at low levels and the fact that they will need banded.
Well to start with, Rogean already confirmed that the WK spawn times are operating as they normally do, so that's one incorrect statement by you.

People need to relax. You can increase spawn rate for specific mobs of a certain level range and exempt other mobs in that range from that increase, while leaving other mobs the same as usual. They aren't going to have non-newbie mobs spawning every minute. Chill.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I could get to 20+ grinding instantly re spawning level 15 mobs day 1

"nobody could kill an entire dungeon with one group in less than 5 minuets" someone might say before they saw p99 playing in chardook 8)
Except you can't, because like I said they can easily limit the instant re-spawn to specific mobs. It doesn't have to apply to the whole zone and it won't. Just breath man.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:23 PM
Fire Giant

Pretending that people who are bringing up potential issues are all having panic attacks and being unreasonable is pretty pointless and annoying. Nobody is forcing you to be part of the discussion.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except you can't, because like I said they can easily limit the instant re-spawn to specific mobs. It doesn't have to apply to the whole zone and it won't. Just breath man.
lol
Old 10-16-2019, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretending that people who are bringing up potential issues are all having panic attacks and being unreasonable is pretty pointless and annoying. Nobody is forcing you to be part of the discussion.
Except you're bringing up potential issues with a system that isn't even confirmed to be happening lol. Neither Rogean nor Nilbog have come out and said "the increased re-spawn rate at launch will apply to every single mob in the zone." They've also said that they will make it so that exploitable quest mobs, such as the rabid wolf, won't be able to be exploited (I assume this will be just making those mobs spawn on their normal timer). For all we know, on Green the increased re-spawn time will apply to only very low level mobs such as level 1-5 (I'm pretty sure the devs know that making a level like 10-15 mob spawn every minute is a bad idea). So there's literally nothing to freak out about right now.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Anyone else finding any reason they can to roll up a character that avoids the Qeynos path like the plague just to stay separated from the powergaming mindset?

I really didn't want to do the Faydwer newbie route YET AGAIN, but its starting to look mighty appealing compared to western Antonica. Troll/ogre is potentially good too.
Closed Thread