Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-15-2019, 06:19 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Installed 50f for Green, now ground textures will not load (Mac)

So, was able to play on Blue fine and saw the Beta for green so I dropped in 50e and was able to play on both Blue and Green without issue. Then this morning I saw the post about the classic UI work and that there were new files for Green, so I copied 50f into the P99 folder under the .app file (as always), but when I logged in, none of the ground or building textures loaded on the character select screen, nor did they when I logged into a character (all else seems fine). Reverted to 50e, and Blue is the same. Tried reverting to 50d with same. Tried replacing the entire P99 folder with an older (previously working before 50e) version with same. Tried replacing the texture files with the low-res versions from Welgrim's archive and game will not load past server select. Replaced with high-res files, able to log back into Blue fine, but with same ground/building texture issue. Decided to log into all my low level characters on Blue to save them from the upcoming wipe, and was successful, except my lvl 4 wiz who was camped in Blackburrow got killed by a wandering grizzly 5 seconds before campout (but thats a totally different issue, just a pain cuz I can't go back to get her stuff). I'm thinking maybe the issue isn't with my files but more how Wine is interacting with the textures and the graphics card, but I'm just spitballing. Any suggestions? It's just weird that it only happened after the 50f update.
Old 10-15-2019, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

I made it through maybe 4-5 words.
Old 10-15-2019, 07:19 PM
Orc

+1 Ground texture broken on my mac. Took same steps just replacing the files inside the wineskin package with 50f.

Worked fine with 50e.

Mojave 10.14.5 using the Wineskin pack file posted in https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...=56238&page=57 by Nyme.
Old 10-15-2019, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

Indentation
Paragraphs?

What do they mean?
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:22 PM
Orc

I went and took a look at the files 50f had/replaced.

I think things are not copying over correctly, and when you paste a folder over a folder, it replaces the entire folder, instead of the identical contents only.

I fixed this issue by going to the original package and re-adding the files in my RenderEffects folder.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:08 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagami [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think things are not copying over correctly, and when you paste a folder over a folder, it replaces the entire folder, instead of the identical contents only.

I fixed this issue by going to the original package and re-adding the files in my RenderEffects folder.
I just tried replacing those files individually and the rest normally, however I'm still getting the same results on Green. Will mess with it again tonight after work and, hopefully, at least get to where I can play on Blue again.

Thanks for the helpful reply!
Old 10-16-2019, 10:32 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagami [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Did a little more banging on it tonight--was able to restore to a much earlier version of the P99 folder in the wrapper and get it to connect to Blue with the correct textures (had some resolution headaches that were easily resolved--was a copy from an old Win10 machine). Once I got that patched up to 50d and working, I was able to recover the items on my Wizard's corpse. Then I created a brand new copy of the wrapper and all files and updated to 50f...same issue, but I'd planned ahead as I suspected you had the right of it. I then replaced the contents of the RenderEffects folders with the ones from the newly updated and working wrapper, and was able to completely resolve the issue and can now play on Green again. I'm not certain why it didn't merge the folder contents as it normally does, but that's definitely the issue that occurred, and I'm glad you were able to catch it--I'd have been chasing my tail for days since I've currently little time to devote to troubleshooting anything.

My hat is off to you, Sir! /em bow
Old 10-18-2019, 04:10 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Awesome, I'm glad you got it fixed and working Dokretox!

I just wanted to say that I had a similar issue the other day, I would log in to Blue and could only see characters and doors etc, everything else was a gray expanse. No walls or ground textures would show up at all.

I tried multiple re-installs, with different patch files and kept seeing the same issue repeat.

The fix for my issue that I finally found was going into my video card 3d settings and resetting all the options back to default/factory. Logged back in and boom everything shows up.