Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 07:28 PM
Aviak

Default Looking for a person to mentor me on Druids

Want to play one on green but would like to find someone who has been playing a druid for a number of years and get some time on blue with them. I have read a number of guides but nothing beats real world advice. I know people will flame me but PM me if you would be willing to teach.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:02 PM
Planar Protector

Send a PM to Tupakk
He's a super pro drood, runs the #1 druid guild on p99 blue.
not Dael
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-27-2019, 02:09 AM
Aviak

Isnt Druid one of the easiest classes in EQ?
Old 09-27-2019, 05:33 AM
Planar Protector

Reach out to dial a port? Seriously. There's a whole lot of combined druid knowledge in one place there. Maybe not for like high end raiding stuff but for leveling/quadding/charming.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:21 AM
Sarnak

I second Fammaden on this one! I have a druid in DaP and have nothing but nice things to say about the members of the guild. Lots of helpful folk and there are usually a variety of levels on at any point in time, great for gear / hunting spot suggestions
Old 09-27-2019, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Honestly, read whatever guides, and talk to whoever, to get the basic idea of what's possible. You should understand the core concept of:
  • pet fighting (charm mob A, make it fight mob B, break charm when they're both low and kill them ... ideally break charm using a Goblin Ghazughi Ring)
  • quadding (snare four mobs, run in circles until they wind up on top of each other, use AoE spells and your Luminescent Staff to kill them all at once)
  • root/rotting (this one you should use rarely, and doesn't require any special knowledge at all)

All that's worth learning from others, because not everyone thinks to do charm fighting or quadding on their own, and even if they do some details (eg. snare is essential for quadding, knowing about those two key items I mentioned) aren't immediately obvious.

But really everything else you can/should learn by doing. Druids are not hard: go to the Per-Level Guide and filter for Druids, or use any of the lists in the Druid guides, and just get out there and start leveling!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-27-2019, 01:05 PM
Sarnak

What type of questions do you have? I'm not an expert by any means but I do main a Druid lol. I also plan to play a Druid (albeit, very casually) on Green, FWIW.

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 09-27-2019, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Hey everyone...

If we could get a druid that would organize like 16 or 19 younger druids to like meet up in the Karanas for green, and do lessons that would be great.

But I require that all of you like stand in an organized lines and grids with a teacher during the lessons, like in PE class, so it looks like Everquest Hogwarts ok?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-27-2019, 01:59 PM
Sarnak

Hahah I love this idea Jibartik!

The classroom = Surefall Glade
Recess = Qeynos hills
The angry recess aide = Holly Windstalker
Old 09-27-2019, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly, read whatever guides, and talk to whoever, to get the basic idea of what's possible. You should understand the core concept of:
  • pet fighting (charm mob A, make it fight mob B, break charm when they're both low and kill them ... ideally break charm using a Goblin Ghazughi Ring)
  • quadding (snare four mobs, run in circles until they wind up on top of each other, use AoE spells and your Luminescent Staff to kill them all at once)
  • root/rotting (this one you should use rarely, and doesn't require any special knowledge at all)

All that's worth learning from others, because not everyone thinks to do charm fighting or quadding on their own, and even if they do some details (eg. snare is essential for quadding, knowing about those two key items I mentioned) aren't immediately obvious.

But really everything else you can/should learn by doing. Druids are not hard: go to the Per-Level Guide and filter for Druids, or use any of the lists in the Druid guides, and just get out there and start leveling!
Both the Gaz ring and Lumi staff are Kunark items....cmon brah!

Druids first magical wisdom item should be the free of charge tainted battleworn morning star from Kith as Paw of Opalla gonna be a bitch to camp and PKT will cost your entire net worth x2.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Tainted...n_Morning_Star
Last edited by Erati; 09-27-2019 at 02:11 PM..
Closed Thread