Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-11-2019, 03:25 PM
Aviak

Default YOur XML Files are not compatible with the current everquest everquest files

Hi,
I just installed Titanium via ISOs and installed p99 v50D files. When I log in game to blue, I get the message "YOur XML Files are not compatible with the current everquest everquest files" ? Has anyone ever got this message before? I am trying to make sure I am all set to go when green launches and I'd really like to get this fixed before hand. Any ideas?
Old 10-12-2019, 10:27 PM
Orc

Yes, that is happening to me right now. If I go back to default, it screwed everything up to the point where my character had nothing it should have and the inventory screen wasn't right.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

I have seen this error message since the day of launch back in October 2009. Never caused me any issues.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:01 AM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Check your UIErrors.txt file in your ./EverQuest/ directory. Its usually not finding some UI Asset the client wants, or a String error or something. Usually pretty benign.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:37 AM
Orc

Thanks for the information. I will check that file.
Old 10-13-2019, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Check your UIErrors.txt file in your ./EverQuest/ directory. Its usually not finding some UI Asset the client wants, or a String error or something. Usually pretty benign.
I've been using DuxaUI for several years now without issue, and I just started seeing this warning. Also there is nothing except "UIErrorLog created at Sun Oct 13 08:04:02 2019" in my UIErrors.txt files.

I mean it could be "user error", but I'm 99% sure this has nothing to do with anyone's UI files actually being invalid, and instead is a bug related to all the UI experimentation the devs have been doing for Green.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:28 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veeshan31 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi,
I just installed Titanium via ISOs and installed p99 v50D files. When I log in game to blue, I get the message "YOur XML Files are not compatible with the current everquest everquest files" ? Has anyone ever got this message before? I am trying to make sure I am all set to go when green launches and I'd really like to get this fixed before hand. Any ideas?
I am also experiencing this. I can't see the main menu, and on both Green/Blue below is what my UI looks like. Is that normal?

Picture at: https://imgur.com/a/lvg4UvF

Do we have to use hotkeys now to access all menus? I am playing on Mac.
Last edited by Slatzor; 10-13-2019 at 06:36 PM..
Old 10-13-2019, 06:46 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been using DuxaUI for several years now without issue, and I just started seeing this warning. Also there is nothing except "UIErrorLog created at Sun Oct 13 08:04:02 2019" in my UIErrors.txt files.

I mean it could be "user error", but I'm 99% sure this has nothing to do with anyone's UI files actually being invalid, and instead is a bug related to all the UI experimentation the devs have been doing for Green.
I think Rogean did create a dependency for the key "<Button item="SBW_MeditateButton">" in preparation for the meditate functionality on Green. There is a chance that this is causing the error for people on UIs that don't have it... (ie. almost all of them). This is honestly just a complete guess on my part. But may be worth a shot to investigate.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
QQUI is derived from Duxa if I recall correctly and it's just two missing buttons in mine:
  • Could not find child MeditateButton in window SpellBookWnd
  • Could not find child DoneButton in window ContainerWindow

Odd and annoying that you need a meditate button even on Blue, but I don't really mind.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think Rogean did create a dependency for the key "<Button item="SBW_MeditateButton">" in preparation for the meditate functionality on Green. There is a chance that this is causing the error for people on UIs that don't have it... (ie. almost all of them). This is honestly just a complete guess on my part. But may be worth a shot to investigate.
That sounds like a solid guess to me!

But really I don't know how any of that UI stuff even works (I'm actually an XML expert, and I can write both XSD and XSLT code ... but I haven't yet subjected myself to learning Verant's own "special" brand of UI XML [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]). All I know is, it seemed far more likely this was a harmless warning triggered by a staff change, and not that everyone's UI truly broke all at once.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.