Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 11:29 PM
Planar Protector

There's what I mean about EJ--you can't tell, but this is with a great lightstone equipped, and functional. I can probably go back and take a /loc if desired. This is not a criticism as snafus like this are expected, and as noted in the prior post I know you already have a new version in the works so this is kind of "old news"

EDIT: At a glance it looks like I posted a black image as a joke, but I didn't. If you look real close you'll see a small bit of dimly lit terrain at the very bottom of the image. This was facing away from the zone wall, with the view centered (5 on numpad). I was holding off checking most zones until you had a chance to get the new version you alluded to fully patched in, but I wanted to check the kunark trees and noticed this incidentally.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lotdark2.jpg (19.8 KB, 18 views)
Last edited by Danth; 10-16-2019 at 11:34 PM..
Old 10-16-2019, 11:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's what I mean about EJ--you can't tell, but this is with a great lightstone equipped, and functional. I can probably go back and take a /loc if desired. This is not a criticism as snafus like this are expected, and as noted in the prior post I know you already have a new version in the works so this is kind of "old news"
I mean... that's not just foliage, the GLS isn't even applying to the ground, which would seem to indicate that your lighting isn't working in the first place. You don't have dynamic lighting disabled?
Old 10-16-2019, 11:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankDiploma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean... that's not just foliage, the GLS isn't even applying to the ground, which would seem to indicate that your lighting isn't working in the first place. You don't have dynamic lighting disabled?
dynamic lighting is definitely enabled. in the majority of the zone the lighting was visible on the ground, there are some areas where it is not. I can go get a /loc if needed, but I don't know if you're working on ALL zones currently or planning to tr yto stick with a pass just of the old world zones for now. as noted in the above edit, I only noticed that incedental to porting there to look at how the trees were being handled.

Danth
Old 10-16-2019, 11:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dynamic lighting is definitely enabled. in the majority of the zone the lighting was visible on the ground, there are some areas where it is not. I can go get a /loc if needed, but I don't know if you're working on ALL zones currently or planning to tr yto stick with a pass just of the old world zones for now. as noted in the above edit, I only noticed that incedental to porting there to look at how the trees were being handled.

Danth
Very strange. I'm going to get Telin to help me debug that zone, since it certainly seems like something is particularly broken in EJ. Can you post a /loc of where you were standing?

The old world is definitely the priority, but I don't want to ignore blatantly broken things on Blue, either.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:42 PM
Planar Protector

Bah, it's daytime again in game, i'll have to wait half an hour before I can run and get a /loc for you. Need an always-dark server to test this stuff out on! In the meantime I will offer a hypothesis that all those little hills/slight vertical relief/etc in some kunark zones are not playing nice with the dynamic lighting. The old world zones, especially, tend to be a lot more level.

Danth
Old 10-17-2019, 12:41 AM
Developer

Default Classic Blue Night

After reviewing more nighttime scenes from classic, I've added a blue hue to the night terrain for Humans/Barbarians/Erudites. So you'll be able to make some things out, but barely.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Attached files go into your EQ directory.
Attached Files
File Type: zip P99 Sky 1.5.zip (60.6 KB, 26 views)
Last edited by Telin; 10-17-2019 at 02:37 AM..
Old 10-17-2019, 12:44 AM
Planar Protector

Alright here are a few. Human, no vision items/buffs, greater light stone in inventory and confirmed working. These range from the druid port-in location to along the southern zone line. all pictures were taken facing inward. trees were observed lighting from other players' light sources to a limited extent, not at all from my own as is plainly obvious. ground lighting was spottier, came and went. Did not investigate the interior of the zone due to being unable to see. Locations should be visible in chat window of all shots.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ej1.jpg (77.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg ej2.jpg (65.0 KB, 3 views)
Old 10-17-2019, 12:45 AM
Planar Protector

Couple more. again, similar locations, facing inward into the zone interior, level view (5 on numpad)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ej4b.jpg (55.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg ej5b.jpg (59.7 KB, 2 views)
Old 10-17-2019, 01:00 AM
Developer

Quote:
Couple more. again, similar locations, facing inward into the zone interior, level view (5 on numpad)
Emerald Jungle on the blue server does not have the zone's sky on yet. The green server doesn't have the sky files patched yet, unless you downloaded the one I posted earlier. That may be a factor here. For me, I had no issues:

Old 10-17-2019, 01:05 AM
Planar Protector

I am using the files you posted on page 11, but the most recent ones from ~10 minutes ago have not been trial-d yet due to it being daytime in-game currently. I know that like anything you folks will have internal versions running ahead of public release too. I notice the trees aren't lighting on your end either so I'm glad to see that at least it's not a local issue. Investigating the trees were my original reason for porting there at all, I saw some interesting behavior on trees in other zones and figured, "port someplace with a bunch of trees."

Danth
Closed Thread