Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 08:32 PM
Fire Giant

Default Can we talk about Green UI?

I understand, for the sake of preserving the classic experience, the rationale behind barring people from using custom UI's during the beta and at launch.

That being said, the current UI is garbage. The farthest thing from Classic that I can possibly imagine. In fact it calls to mind my time during Luclin.

I was very excited when I first logged in and saw this close-to-classic recreation of the character creation UI.. Only to be greeted by black transparent windows with no texturing whatsoever on the in-game ui. So of course I naturally flipped through several of the in-built options for UI files as well as downloading the "classic" recration on Welgrim's site-- ya know, the bluish-grey stone texture? Only to find none of them work.

So again, I understand the lack of support for customizable UI's-- But if you're going to prohibit them to preserve the classic atmosphere, why would you also shove the farthest thing from a classic UI down our throat?
Last edited by Xer0; 10-16-2019 at 08:35 PM..
Old 10-16-2019, 08:36 PM
Fire Giant

they said the titanium client doesn't allow the classic 20% of your screen is playable space UI so they were going to use the first available UI that still exists, The velious transparent one, then they decided to add in classic elements to that UI to try to get some kind of classic feel to it (marbling, 6 buttons, inventory screen replicated spacing, comparable main page button)
Old 10-16-2019, 08:36 PM
Fire Giant

The transparent windows are day 1 classic.

So... maybe do research before declaring something is "The farthest thing from classic"?

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 10-16-2019, 08:39 PM
Planar Protector

Just hit F10
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:40 PM
Fire Giant

And just fort the sake of visualization,

this
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is totally kosher.
While this

is not.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The transparent windows are day 1 classic.

So... maybe do research before declaring something is "The farthest thing from classic"?
nah man, I remember the game from way back int he day. The UI had a gray/blue stone-looking texture with sandstone colored buttons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they said the titanium client doesn't allow the classic 20% of your screen is playable space UI so they were going to use the first available UI that still exists, The velious transparent one, then they decided to add in classic elements to that UI to try to get some kind of classic feel to it (marbling, 6 buttons, inventory screen replicated spacing, comparable main page button)
I see no way to obtain the marbling. That I would b e happy with. All I see now is transparent black with sandstone-colored buttons. I've fiddled with alpha, transparency, texturing.. none of it added the effect you're speaking about. It only allowed for the changing of black to the likes of RBYGW, and various mixtures.
Last edited by Xer0; 10-16-2019 at 08:44 PM..
Old 10-16-2019, 08:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nah man, I remember the game from way back int he day. The UI had a gray/blue stone-looking texture with sandstone colored buttons.
and then you hit F10 and it brought up the clear UI.

Screenshot dated 7/99

Shits classic AF.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 10-16-2019, 08:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and then you hit F10 and it brought up the clear UI.

Screenshot dated 7/99

Shits classic AF.
Sorry, that's not correct. It may have been an option at launch, but it was not the default UI. In fact the bulk of the screen was taken up by that blue-stone appearance back in the day. All of the UI elements were built around the playable screen space in a fixed position.

I understand that as others have pointed out, that specific UI is not possible int he titanium client. But the point I am making is that if you're not able to have an actual classic UI, why force the current iteration down the throat of the userbase?
Last edited by Xer0; 10-16-2019 at 08:55 PM..
Old 10-16-2019, 08:51 PM
Kobold

Well the client this runs on can't do that, and as such you're forced to use the alternative option that existed at the same time. Sorry.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:53 PM
Orc

OP, your answers are in the first stickied post in this forum.
Closed Thread