** Interface **

- We have added the consider color to the Target window. The art used
to display the consider color can be removed or edited via XML by
custom skins.
- We have also added a 3D target indicator._ The ring color indicates
the con color of the target._ This can be turned off in the Options
window. A new settings file in the UI folder can be edited by players
to customize the appearance of the indicator, including different
animated textures for each con color and other interesting settings.

about target ring and when it came
Old 09-15-2011, 11:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Antivirus programs cause problems with the new dsetup.dll, and the file looks so much like a virus that "gaming mode" and soft disables aren't always enough. I had to shut my antivirus off completely (which is kinda difficult with some antivirus programs) and I'm guessing some people think they've tried that but haven't actually fully disabled their antivirus. Many of them have options that claim to toggle the constant protection off but don't actually disable whatever it is that prevents the game from accessing dsetup.dll, so be sure to mention that they might have more luck removing the program from startup in msconfig. Most antivirus programs should have an option to exclude specific files from the blanket protection, but the user would first have to confirm that the problem is actually caused by their antivirus.

That fixed the problem for a few of us, but apparently none of our various antivirus programs ever gave any kind of indication that it had blocked access from eqgame to dsetup.dll, so we didn't discover the problem for like two whole days. The fact that so many people had no such problems and nobody brought up the possibility of antivirus conflicts for days makes me wonder if most of the playerbase hasn't bothered to actually use antivirus. That might explain why there were so many account thefts at one point.

Use antivirus. An online computer without antivirus is like asking a gypsy to hold your wallet.
I may be a in a different boat here but I usually play P99 on Fedora Linux in Wine on my laptop when I'm travelling.

When I'm at home I have a winXP gaming machine that only plays games, doesn't touch the internet outside of steam and spell file updates. I use DD-WRT Open Source, Linux-based firmware on my Linksys router and utilize A separate, isolated VLAN via the router for traffic for the Windows machine.

Because of this I have no need for antivirus. I know most folks use the same comp they use for internet/email/etc for P99 so this may not work for you, just illustrating a different approach someone might find useful.

I do image my Windows machine frequently so if it gets compromised I just take ~10minutes to re-image it.
Tzartole (62 MNK) epic 1.0
Old 09-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Kobold

I hope they can patch it soon to force 640x480 resolution and disable task swapping. Perhaps force us to set back the clip frame and slow the framerate.
So I can immerse myself in the true glory of eq circa 1999.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't like the changes don't play here. It's pretty simple.
I heard the same sort of thing back in 2004 before EQ nosedived and they closed half the servers.
Be careful what you wish for.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladesch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I heard the same sort of thing back in 2004 before EQ nosedived and they closed half the servers.
Be careful what you wish for.
They don't have investors to answer to, Sony did.
Closed Thread