Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2020, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imago [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Word on the street is that people are PvPing hardcore in PoSky.

Might not need a new server, Just a little TLC to the current community and a distinct reason for vets to log in again.

Stupidly priced/quested AAs? Ssra Temple as endgame content? EC tunnel arena brawls? Test the waters. Could be fun.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I think for most people the best part of PvP is that initial server launch when you're duking it out with rusty swords and level 4 nukes, moreso than sitting at zonelines buffing and waiting for one force to engage the other for 10 hours.
Old 05-14-2020, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I think for most people the best part of PvP is that initial server launch when you're duking it out with rusty swords and level 4 nukes, moreso than sitting at zonelines buffing and waiting for one force to engage the other for 10 hours.
I concure
Old 05-14-2020, 11:52 AM
Banned

Y’all still raiding on red tho? You have to stop and bring pop to 0 for new server
Old 05-14-2020, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

If pop hit 0 on red and stayed that way for some time, like two weeks.

I can garantee you all the characters would get merged to blue in order to keep the promise of 'no wipe'.

And red would die. And likely never exist again. The 20-30 people who play here already play on RoZ and would likely just stay there and not clammer for a new red anymore. We would go pretty silently into the night.

That said, if reds hardware were to be recycled, it should go to another red server. That is the only justice this universe can offer. Though life is never fair, and the universe isn't held accountable by us mere mortals.

Most of the people on red right now don't care about pvp. They want to raid without interference. In their dragon loot to gear their alts on a server where they don't have to fight with bluebies on /lists. PvP is not in most current active red99'ers blood. it's entirely secondary, and some of us still find it amusing, fun, but most of us don't bother seeking it anymore. Those of us who don't have +100 hp mana rings on our wizards aren't really here to pvp either. No point. Other than to be a target and laugh when we get owned for sitting afk.

It's dismal, but not hopeless.

Good luck getting them to log off. I will right now if that is what is decreed by the nilbog.
Last edited by magnetaress; 05-14-2020 at 12:18 PM..
Old 05-14-2020, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah low level pvp is where it's at that's why I like item loot for low lvl twink battling.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:27 PM
Banned

No item loot, no yellow text, no points, no leaderboard

new red99

wipe the old one
Old 05-14-2020, 02:42 PM
Skeleton

Sullon Zek rules please!
Old 05-14-2020, 04:34 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

An original red99 haiku

Sean, merge red into blue.

Give me a new box my dude.

Whats going on big guy?
Last edited by Danger; 05-14-2020 at 04:49 PM..
Old 05-16-2020, 02:42 PM
Fire Giant

i really miss being able to causally play on a living classic pvp box : ( 200 players feels enough we would have that.
Old 05-17-2020, 02:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very true. So why not have a level 30 max level cap? Try to keep it in that fun window. And if it didn't work then wipe it and try something else. I would come back to p99 for that.
Closed Thread