Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2020, 02:33 PM
Sarnak

I would have voted no on the server split and encouraged others to do the same. Seemed like a great idea at the time...but seeing that they were merged awkwardly together way before they should have been, it seems like all that was accomplished was giving the neckbeardiest of the community a chance to double farm items. Had we known what would happen it would have been better to just stick it out until things thinned out naturally.
Old 03-08-2020, 05:33 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-08-2020, 06:28 PM
Kobold

I started a month late. I would have started sooner to enjoy another month of play before the merge that ended all my interest in the game.
Old 03-08-2020, 07:58 PM
Banned

i would have not played

shit wait i didnt play Lol
Old 03-08-2020, 08:44 PM
Aviak

Not play a pet class.
Old 03-09-2020, 02:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by getlostgreg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not play a pet class.
why?
Old 03-09-2020, 09:17 AM
Planar Protector

told all my teal homies how I felt before they were gone :'(
Old 03-09-2020, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would have voted no on the server split and encouraged others to do the same. Seemed like a great idea at the time...but seeing that they were merged awkwardly together way before they should have been, it seems like all that was accomplished was giving the neckbeardiest of the community a chance to double farm items. Had we known what would happen it would have been better to just stick it out until things thinned out naturally.
We all knew that this was ultimately going to be the result of the split.
Old 03-09-2020, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you could do the launch of green or teal over again, what would you have done differently?

Would you have made a different race or class? Maybe focused on a trade skill early or different leveling route?

What strategies did you adopt if your original plans went awry?

What worked and what didn't?

For me, personally, Qeynos was super crowded and after camping a single decaying skeleton spawn for a while I had to adapt to the Qeynos Catacombs fish and gator meta early on. I also probably would have went caster instead of warrior and maybe chose a race that starts in Western Antonica instead of Qeynos, just seems like it'd have more options than the Blackburrow bottleneck, but maybe I'm wrong about that.
It was pretty much like this everywhere at launch, so I wouldn't knock your Qeynos decision too much. Qeynos is probably better than most other places as well since there are a lot of quests to help you out over there.

I think I probably would've focused more on tradeskilling than I have. My thought was that the economy would take quite a bit to get ramped up to a place where you're seeing high prices for items. However, I guess I underestimated peoples' ability to farm so much plat so quickly, because we're seeing stuff going for the same/way more than it does on Blue. I thought I'd be able to buy things easier than I have been, so tradeskilling would have helped in terms of being able to craft things to either use myself or sell for funds.
Old 03-09-2020, 12:21 PM
Orc

I would have not rolled a Dark Elf Warrior first. It was brutal getting to 17. Died in Befallen down the well. Rage quit. Corpse rotted. Didn't care.
Rolled a Halfling Druid. Eazy peezy, lemon queezy.
Closed Thread