Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 07-24-2023, 07:13 PM
Banned

Yeah I hope to god none of those fights fall through before oct. Even the khamzat fight which will probably be totally one sided but it's still just fun to watch him and hope his opponent can pull it off somehow. Gilbert showed that he's human at least, ya never know.
Old 07-26-2023, 09:08 PM
Banned

How do you pick just one of these guys as baddest mother fucker (BMF) this Saturday??

I would not be surprised if they have another war like they did the last time, that the UFC gives them both BMF belts. I’m calling it now!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 07-26-2023, 09:09 PM
Banned

^
Oh shit Jan vs Pereiria is going to be epic as well, same card!
Old 07-26-2023, 09:33 PM
Banned

Poor Jan, he hits really hard and I really like the guy’s personality being part Polish myself….but I don’t think he has a prayer against Kickboxing legend Pereira

Jan’s getting KO’d
Old 07-27-2023, 12:02 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

I have the opposite take, I really like Alex but how is going to hang with a solid wrestler in LHW. I hope alex wins with striking before it goes tot he ground but let’s not kid ourselves. Izzy tackled his ass and he looked lost.
Old 07-27-2023, 12:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have the opposite take, I really like Alex but how is going to hang with a solid wrestler in LHW. I hope alex wins with striking before it goes tot he ground but let’s not kid ourselves. Izzy tackled his ass and he looked lost.
That's true, good point. Jan will probably realize he's outmatched in the striking, pull him down, lay on him, and beat him up like Jan did with Izzy
Old 08-01-2023, 11:39 PM
Banned

That gaethje headkick ko holy shit. In a way i was disappointed because I wanted it to be a 5 round war but I was rooting for him anyway cause I wanna see a trilogy.

Have never seen porier ko'ed like that though it was insane, the only other one I can think of was when mcgregor ko'ed him but that was like barely a thing. He went down for a split second and the ref waved it. Nothing like that headkick
Old 08-02-2023, 12:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That gaethje headkick ko holy shit. In a way i was disappointed because I wanted it to be a 5 round war but I was rooting for him anyway cause I wanna see a trilogy.

Have never seen porier ko'ed like that though it was insane, the only other one I can think of was when mcgregor ko'ed him but that was like barely a thing. He went down for a split second and the ref waved it. Nothing like that headkick
Yup, headkicks are the dark horse no one expects but everyone needs to respect

I recently mentioned how Arlovski allowed headkicks to hit him in his last fight, and what a gamble that is. You simply can’t be a perfect fighter and allow these to land. It’s too easy for them to put your lights out

This is why, in a street fight, I plan to use my memory of sparring movement and keep distance and kick the leg once or twice. I can really whale with a kick, even on the leg it will hurt bad and possibly unbalance them. Then, I can do Izzy’s crescent head kick that starts low and goes high for a knockout, that was one of my favs from TKD. I practice it on the heavy bag often at my gym

Vs especially an inexperienced fighter, should be an easy quick knockout. Leg kick, leg kick, crescent kick to head. Done [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-03-2023, 09:45 PM
Banned

Oh man, it’s been a while but I remember this guy from when I was younger

Ramon “The Diamond” Dekker, from Holland. 7 time world champion. This dude was an animal

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 08-06-2023, 09:59 PM
Planar Protector

so I guess a Musk/Zuck fight is actually gonna happen now?

these guys have talked about it so much that they are gonna get called cowards if they don't go through with it

SMH, two insecure middle aged nerds are gonna step into The Octagon and have a slap fight.

what a fuckin circus, here you go pathetic humans

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]