Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2020, 02:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydbarrett25 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Riot is very deceptive
What's it like to be in a guild that has great relations with Riot, but you despise them?

Show me where Riot hurt you.

Lemme guess, somewhere sometime a Riot member stole your camp or something...
Old 09-25-2020, 02:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydbarrett25 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Riot is very deceptive
Kittens leadership was on board with the Riot proposal, afaik.
Old 09-25-2020, 02:53 PM
Sarnak

Just to make sure we're all talking about the same thing there, I understood the Riot proposal to be:

Each MOB assigned is a value, and once that number of spawn cycles had passed, anyone that had killed the MOB during the relevant time frame would be barred from the mob for a cycle. So, for example, if a mob was a (4), then weeks 1-4, it would be FFA, and in week 5 only guilds who had not killed during weeks 1-4 would be eligible for the kill.

I understand that the values for certain mobs was quite high (Vulak being a 12 for example). But, I fail to see how this would favor Riot specifically versus any other raiding guild. During the FFA weeks the mobs would be subject to the same competition as they are now.
Old 09-25-2020, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Just have foot races and 2 hour lockout ala 2017. Casuals would do fine and would have time to setup, hell make it 3 hours . Only reason it stopped was alt tab jumps which is fixed now.
Old 09-25-2020, 03:14 PM
Sarnak

I enjoy riot, just everything I heard about the rotation agreement has been mysterious. If everyone is for agreeing upon rotation whats the hold up?
Old 09-25-2020, 03:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's it like to be in a guild that has great relations with Riot, but you despise them?

Show me where Riot hurt you.

Lemme guess, somewhere sometime a Riot member stole your camp or something...
Riot has not hurt me anywhere nor will ever hurt me, if Riot stole my camp one time, no biggie on my end. Good for them
Old 09-25-2020, 03:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I enjoy riot, just everything I heard about the rotation agreement has been mysterious. If everyone is for agreeing upon rotation whats the hold up?
Detoxx is being disingenuous. The Riot proposal was received well by everyone but Freedom, and Detoxx completely rejected it. The way he achieved this was by proposing something that obviously is not going to be accepted. It is like the Dems and GOP in congress right now. Everyone knows the economy needs another stimulus, but the Dems put forward a 3 trillion dollar partisan bill, and the GOP puts forward a 500 billion dollar partisan bill, both sides knowing that nothing is going to get passed, and while the people who need help suffer, they get to win political points with their base.

Detoxx never intended to negotiate a rotation. He only intended to kill it, while every casual guild+Riot was completely content with the Riot proposal.

The majority of raid mobs would be rotated somewhere between 4 and 8 weeks, with only a few high value mobs like Vulak being rotated a few weeks longer than that.

Mind this, Riot proposed this when it still dominated 95%+ of the content. Freedom (thanks to piggy backing off AG's hard work and numbers) are never going to go forward with any rotation proposal at this point. Guaranteed.
Old 09-25-2020, 03:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...bpUH8VNWo/edit

Here's the text of the rotation proposal.
Old 09-25-2020, 03:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akg49 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Detoxx is being disingenuous. The Riot proposal was received well by everyone but Freedom, and Detoxx completely rejected it. The way he achieved this was by proposing something that obviously is not going to be accepted. It is like the Dems and GOP in congress right now. Everyone knows the economy needs another stimulus, but the Dems put forward a 3 trillion dollar partisan bill, and the GOP puts forward a 500 billion dollar partisan bill, both sides knowing that nothing is going to get passed, and while the people who need help suffer, they get to win political points with their base.

Detoxx never intended to negotiate a rotation. He only intended to kill it, while every casual guild+Riot was completely content with the Riot proposal.

The majority of raid mobs would be rotated somewhere between 4 and 8 weeks, with only a few high value mobs like Vulak being rotated a few weeks longer than that.

Mind this, Riot proposed this when it still dominated 95%+ of the content. Freedom (thanks to piggy backing off AG's hard work and numbers) are never going to go forward with any rotation proposal at this point. Guaranteed.
Thats cool and all, very may be true. In regards to ringwar my take on it was that Riot blamed AG for not agreeing to rotation while GHXST was pretty much banned from ringwar. Again, this is my take
Old 09-25-2020, 03:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...bpUH8VNWo/edit

Here's the text of the rotation proposal.
Cool beans, I am going to end my dialogue with a /shrug