Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Kobold

You said that if someone had fired a weapon in that theater when the massacre was going on, they'd be in trouble... that is just about the dumbest thing I have read.
I didn't say it was illegal in most towns, I said CITIES. Where do you live where you can target practice in your backyard, within a city legally?
Cities have banned most firing outside of ranges.
There's alot of TOWNS outside of CITY limits where you can shoot anywhere you want. In a CITY (such as Denver, Aurora, Fort collins, Colorado Springs, Grand Junction, Etc) it is illegal to discharge a firearm.

I'm a pro-zimmerman guy, but we and everyone else knows he would not be up for murder had he not called 911 beforehand and been given instructions to not follow him and had he not unquestionably PUT himself in a position to cross paths with the kid.
If you are out minding your own business and you are threatened by another with deadly force: Yes, you can use your firearm.
Zimmerman is an entirely different situation.
Again, you're a fucking moron, nothing you have said thus far makes sense, Go drown yourself.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tops419 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You said that if someone had fired a weapon in that theater when the massacre was going on, they'd be in trouble... that is just about the dumbest thing I have read.
I didn't say it was illegal in most towns, I said CITIES. Where do you live where you can target practice in your backyard, within a city legally?
Cities have banned most firing outside of ranges.
There's alot of TOWNS outside of CITY limits where you can shoot anywhere you want. In a CITY (such as Denver, Aurora, Fort collins, Colorado Springs, Grand Junction, Etc) it is illegal to discharge a firearm.

I'm a pro-zimmerman guy, but we and everyone else knows he would not be up for murder had he not called 911 beforehand and been given instructions to not follow him and had he not unquestionably PUT himself in a position to cross paths with the kid.
If you are out minding your own business and you are threatened by another with deadly force: Yes, you can use your firearm.
Zimmerman is an entirely different situation.
Again, you're a fucking moron, nothing you have said thus far makes sense, Go drown yourself.
OK thanks for telling me to kill myself lol.. This isnt R&F brew.

I didnt say they would be in trouble lol... I said the way the law is written it is against the law... I was pointing out how anti gun people (law makers) ended up wording the law in that town. If someone followed the law in place and fired - yes they technically are breaking the law. THATS WHY I POINTED IT OUT.
Im pro gun and fairly certain i own more firearms then you do...

I live in a town and I fire off my gun from time to time to test out sights or a new trigger etc. I actually read the law and know what is legal and what isnt rather than just assume you cannot fire your gun.

Really the only thing you can get in trouble for (legally) is the noise..

Zimmerman isnt in jail for calling 911 or putting himself into a possition. He is in jail because the word "threat" is open to interpretation. They dont think he was being threatened- or that he is justified in using lethal force.

776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.—

(1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who was acting in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law enforcement officer. As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes arresting, detaining in custody, and charging or prosecuting the defendant

If he was threatened he could shoot and be immune from prosecution..... not so fast though.... because the way the law is worded they can play games to see if you were really "threatened to use lethal force".

There are always ways around laws and I am just pointing out simply how laws are written and how retarded some are.
Last edited by LordFresh; 07-26-2012 at 03:07 PM..
Old 07-26-2012, 05:24 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Funny how you want people to take you serious but then you say something like this lol.
lol'd

Old 07-27-2012, 03:00 PM
Fire Giant

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but even though in the state it's legal to carry and conceal weapons, it's illegal in the theater to have any weapons. Which is why no one shot buddy :/
MassiveMarc: Then we will poopsock in the shade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr View Post
Vox was tanked by hughman in plain sight, we found out that the bard could attack tru the wall there(more lucky than exploit) and we just pilled everyone there.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:16 AM
Orc

Lightbulb

Following up on my last post...

Holmes was being seen by a psychiatrist at the university:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...79fa76082223ee

What kind of treatment was she giving to him? Did she prescribe meds? If so, then what? And what effect did they have on him?

She has some pretty questionable info relating to her career, as well. A treatise on acupuncture to increase bust size? Getting caught abusing her access to psych meds for friends and family? Is she a "quack" doctor? Did she have a responsibility to help a patient in crisis but failed? This could be huge. Also, he apparently mailed her a notebook with very detailed information on his intentions to kill people, but it sat in a campus mailroom unopened for a week!

I say again, the whole gun control debate and violent media debate are quite superficial compared to these questions.

Also, check out this article on the history of rampage killers:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...ra_114873.html

History shows they tend to fit a certain social "type," often with similar problems or triggers, like job loss, extreme social isolation and/or dysfunction, post-traumatic stress and public humiliation. They tend to leave all sorts of warning signs and clues indicating their potential to snap. We can do something to prevent these incidents, but we have to look it from a different angle than the usual "need more/less guns" debates.
Closed Thread