Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 08:32 AM
Kobold

Default About to roll a shaman

Hello guys,

Been a while on green and always wanted to play a shaman somewhat. Now with Kunark approaching, I don't want to create him just yet but wait for Iksar.

I got a budget of around 1k plat to kit him out once Kunark hits. I'm fine with banded as a baseline for missing fancy items in slots.

What is worth buying now that's still good when Kunark hits? If you got any tips on my shopping list -> thanks to you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

edit: I'm mostly a casual most of the time. no raiding, no 50k plat banked or sth.
<Aanelenye> lvl 43 Paladin
<Vaalyun> lvl 48 Wizard
Blue chars: retired

Last edited by Exard3k; 10-22-2020 at 08:38 AM..
Old 10-22-2020, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

Banded, ac/hp rings, a basic weapon like Enameled Black Mace for low levels. Save the rest for spell money.
Old 10-22-2020, 02:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Banded, ac/hp rings, a basic weapon like Enameled Black Mace for low levels. Save the rest for spell money.
This is good advice, in addition to this focus on +mana gear at lower levels. Slowly transitioning to +wisdom as you approach your mid 30s. Also you’ll definitely want a global cool down reset so that you can canni blast yourself down then take advantage of your natural +spell regen while medding up between casts.

For weapons it’s a good idea to focus on the best DPS and having +AC/HP secondary. You’ll be tanking a lot at lower levels when your grouped with the 100s of iksar monks and necromancers that come out with Kunark. I would choose a good ratio mace like cold iron morning star (9/35) over a spear with +wisdom and a lower ratio for this stage then once you’re in your 20s you’ll melee less and can focus on stats.
Old 10-27-2020, 12:21 AM
Sarnak

How married are you to iksar? As a shaman, if you're looking for innate regen, Troll is better in almost all ways. You get the clicky nuke from Jaundiced Bone Bracer and the snare neck as an option, whereas an iksar loses those things and trades them for a small AC bonus and being hated everywhere.

That out of the way, follow the advice above for gear. Melee will be important at lower levels, and my shaman was main-tanking as late as mid-20's in Unrest, so AC and Mana will probably be the things to gear for, and a decent dam/delay ratio weapon.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 10-27-2020, 12:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-27-2020, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Staff_of_the_Observers

https://wiki.project1999.com/Bloodstained_Tunic
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 10-28-2020, 02:47 AM
Kobold

Thank you all for your contributions. Got a shopping list now and already bought most of it. And yeah, Iksar is pretty much set. I can't be convinced to play troll without Luclin models. Too ugly and the height is another point (crouching in dungeons, percieved movement speed). And I want to explore Cabilis once again after almost 20 years.

Also bought a telescope for the GCD.
<Aanelenye> lvl 43 Paladin
<Vaalyun> lvl 48 Wizard
Blue chars: retired

Last edited by Exard3k; 10-28-2020 at 02:49 AM..
Old 10-28-2020, 08:15 AM
Planar Protector

Iksar shaman is a great choice. Jaundiced Bone Bracers won't be available to the plebs for a very long time anyways, so making your choice based on that isn't really that valuable anyways.

My Blue shaman is an Iksar and no regrets here. Once Velious comes out farm yourself a Guardian Robe and win FashionQuest ie win the game.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Guardian_Robe
Old 11-03-2020, 11:01 AM
Banned

Why wait for Velious
https://wiki.project1999.com/Robe_of_the_Azure_Sky
Old 11-03-2020, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a reason to roll an iksar shaman. But this thread is almost a week old. I imagine OP made their shaman by now.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 11-03-2020 at 11:25 AM..
Closed Thread