Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 07:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah a ton of people from my guild have rolled characters there within the past week to level while they also play their Green chars at the same time
What's your end game here dude?
Old 11-12-2019, 07:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Legal boxing is my guess, they get double the investment when the server remerges. Assuming it is legal to play on green and teal simultaneously.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleztheAndal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Legal boxing is my guess, they get double the investment when the server remerges. Assuming it is legal to play on green and teal simultaneously.
He's just been ragging on Teal since it started, saying everyone is there boxing. Just not sure what his caper is.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Me? I have zero end game. I was just pointing it out and agreeing that the pop has been increasing.

Post-split Green pop has stayed pretty much the same, while Teal has increased by hundreds. You really think a 20 year old emulation all the sudden got a few hundred completely brand new players out of nowhere? Initially, people didn't realize it was permitted to play on both. Once they realized, they've been flocking to create Teal alts since the servers will merge eventually so there's no reason not to. Via /ooc and guild chat I've seen over 100 people in the past week say they created Teal alts in recent days. I've been in several groups over the past few days where multiple group members said they were playing a Teal character at the same exact time. Idc...I was just pointing it out in the context of a pop increase discussion.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

I would have expected to see a no boxing rule between teal and green since teal exists to help mitigate pop of green [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-12-2019, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would have expected to see a no boxing rule between teal and green since teal exists to help mitigate pop of green [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eh, enough people moved from Green to Teal that Green is barely crowded except maybe for 1-2 hours per night in the most popular spots. Otherwise, it honestly doesn't feel crowded at all.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:22 AM
Sarnak

Still think it's crazy to allow boxing between Green and Teal.

They can and should police and enforce this.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Still think it's crazy to allow boxing between Green and Teal.

They can and should police and enforce this.
They've always permitted playing on multiple P99 servers at once. Anyone who has a problem with it should've voted against the split then.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They've always permitted playing on multiple P99 servers at once. Anyone who has a problem with it should've voted against the split then.
Anyone with some sense would see that Teal and Green are different from Red and Blue (never merging) or Blue and Green (merging in three years time).

They are effectively time-dilated shards of the same server and could be merged as soon as 3-6 months from now. Being in favour of splitting (I didn't vote either way FYI) doesn't necessarily mean someone has to support playing both servers at once. Nor should there have been an assumption that you could do so.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Anyone with some sense would see that Teal and Green are different from Red and Blue (never merging) or Blue and Green (merging in three years time).

They are effectively time-dilated shards of the same server and could be merged as soon as 3-6 months from now. Being in favour of splitting (I didn't vote either way FYI) doesn't necessarily mean someone has to support playing both servers at once. Nor should there have been an assumption that you could do so.
I believe at one point there was a comment that it would be possible, but at any rate if they aren't citing something as prohibited you shouldn't assume that it would be so.

Kind of ended up the best of both worlds I suppose. People on Teal got their new, less crowded server and other people get to farm extra platinum and items. Win win.
Closed Thread